What are the Best Tablet PC Programs for Physics Students?

In summary, the conversation was about a college sophomore getting a degree in physics who just acquired an HP touchsmart tablet PC. They were curious about how programs like MATLAB respond to the tablet's input features and if there is a special version for drawing and organizing information. The person also requested recommendations for tablet specialized note-taking and information organizing programs. A top ten list of note-taking apps was provided, including options such as Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, and Zoho Notebook.
Prodigalvanic
I am a college sophomore getting a degree in physics. I just got an HP touchsmart tablet PC.
How do the programs like MATLAB respond to the tablet input features (math input panel). Is there a special version that let's me do cool things such as straightening my lines and drawing perfect circles?

Also I would like recommendations for tablet specialized note taking programs and especially flowchart / mind mapping / information organizing program. I'm very interested in the latter stuff.
If you use and like any information organizing software please suggest even if you don't know about tablet readiness.

Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org

What are some cool programs for Tablet PC?

There are many cool programs available for Tablet PCs, but some of the most popular ones include Microsoft OneNote for note-taking, Adobe Photoshop for graphic design, and Sketchbook for drawing and sketching.

Can I use Microsoft Office on my Tablet PC?

Yes, you can use Microsoft Office on your Tablet PC. In fact, many Tablet PCs come with a pre-installed version of Microsoft Office, or you can download it from the Microsoft Store.

Is there a program for handwriting recognition on Tablet PC?

Yes, there are several programs available for handwriting recognition on Tablet PCs. Some popular options include MyScript Nebo, Google Handwriting Input, and Pen to Print.

Are there any educational programs specifically designed for Tablet PC?

Yes, there are many educational programs that are designed specifically for Tablet PCs. Some examples include Khan Academy, Quizlet, and StudyBlue, which offer interactive learning experiences tailored for Tablet PCs.

Do I need a stylus to use programs on my Tablet PC?

No, you do not necessarily need a stylus to use programs on your Tablet PC. Many programs are designed to be used with touch gestures, but a stylus can provide more precision and control for certain tasks such as drawing and writing.