Cool Reaction Ideas for English Presentation

In summary: Daniel comes up with a different reaction, using potassium and sodium metal- The reactions with water and sulphuric acid are not very interesting
bayan
cool reaction!

Hi there, I am going to have to make a presentation for my English class next month, and since we are allowed to do about anything I was just looking around for some cool ideas and maybe some explination of what happened.

Yes it is for my English work.

I reaction must be resenable as it is not going to be done in a lab. I is going to be done in a normal class room.

I was thinking about reacting something with water to give me some sort of a small explosion (Like fireworks) or something like that which I cannot clearly remember(This was done sometime a go in my grade 9 science).

Any other comment is deeply welcomed.

Thanx

Chemistry news on Phys.org
LOL. A very small bead of potassium or sodium metal done.
Store them in paraffin oil. Only a very small piece. They are very reactive. Be aware of it!
Potassium gives lilac flame while sodium gives golden yellow flame. DO NOT PUT THEM IN ANY ACID INSTEAD.

I know this might be asking too much.

but what goes on in the reaction?

2K+H2O--->K2O+2H

Is that right(Assuming it is pure water) or is there missing chemichal?

Close enough, but the oxide gets very easily hydrated, so :
[tex]2K + 2H_2O \longrightarrow 2KOH + H_2 ~[/tex] and this is hardly asking for too much.

The reaction with water is higly uninteresting.:yukk:You should try it with sulphuric acid...:devil:

Daniel.

P.S.You may want to heat the acid,first...:devil:

dextercioby said:
The reaction with water is higly uninteresting.:yukk:You should try it with sulphuric acid...:devil:

Daniel.

P.S.You may want to heat the acid,first...:devil:
LOL, and while you at it, why not hod it under the water/acid with your bare hand to keep it submerged.

sounds like dextercioby knows the formula for disaster

It doesn't work,the acid will "eat" the Na instantly.I would have advised to keep his face over the Berzelius glass to get a better look at it...Those 1.1 seconds would have remained "fresh" on his face for a long while...:devil:

Daniel.

Please do not encourage students to perform dangerous stunts with chemicals.

bayan,

I strongly recommend that you do not attempt to make any kind of "small explosion" in a classroom. Your English teacher will probably concur.

- Warren

1. What are some examples of cool reaction ideas for an English presentation?

Some examples of cool reaction ideas for an English presentation could include using props or multimedia, incorporating interactive elements such as polls or quizzes, incorporating role-playing or skits, using real-life examples or case studies, and using humor or storytelling.

2. How can I make my presentation stand out with cool reactions?

To make your presentation stand out with cool reactions, you can try to think outside the box and come up with unique ideas that will surprise and engage your audience. You can also practice and rehearse your reactions to ensure they are smooth and well-timed, and use them strategically throughout your presentation to keep your audience interested.

3. Are there any tips for using cool reactions in a professional setting?

When using cool reactions in a professional setting, it is important to make sure they are appropriate and relevant to your topic. You should also consider your audience and make sure your reactions will resonate with them. Additionally, it is important to practice and be confident in your reactions to maintain a professional demeanor.

4. Can cool reactions help improve my presentation skills?

Yes, cool reactions can help improve your presentation skills by making your presentation more engaging and memorable for your audience. They can also help you become more confident and comfortable with public speaking, as well as improve your timing and delivery.

5. Are there any potential downsides to using cool reactions in a presentation?

One potential downside of using cool reactions in a presentation is that they may distract from your main message if they are not used strategically. It is also important to make sure your reactions are appropriate and relevant to your topic, as well as practice them beforehand to ensure they are executed smoothly. Additionally, overusing cool reactions may make your presentation seem gimmicky or unprofessional.