Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cool SEM Pictures

1. Jul 23, 2003 #1
    Okay, this is kind of a contest. Name the something nano-sized you would like to see a picture of. I will consider all the submitted ideas, and scan the object, that would make the coolest picture, for all to see.

Why am I doing this? Well, I want to have a cool SEM picture (that I scanned) to put on my personal website, but it seems like all of the good ideas have already been taken by others (ant faces, embryos, etc).

Much obliged amigos.

eNtRopY

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2003 #2

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I saw some neat pictures of the HIV virus that they had made with heroic x-ray diffraction methods (got a cristalized sample of the virus invasding a cell and used techniques unbelieveably beyond what was good work in my old day). They should be somewhere on the web and they are really cool; the virus reminds me of some old bravo flashing a fancy sword in your face with one hand while he stabs you from under his cloak with the other.

4. Jul 23, 2003 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What is the minimum resolution?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?