Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cool television commercial

1. Sep 9, 2004 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2004 #2
    AAAAHHH!!!

MONIQUE!!!

4. Sep 9, 2004 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

Tch... I kinda expected that. Stupid soothing pan pipes. Wait... was that my mum?

5. Sep 9, 2004 #4
    LoL

I didn't. Not with Monique's innocence. Her picture, all with her soothing words. hey at least she used one.

I know now I cannot ever trust her again!
    She's probably gone to bed, snickering, rubbing her hands and with a wicked laughter, excited to wake up the next morning to see all the shocked faces.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  6. Sep 9, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

uh oh, I think I need to change my shorts.

Who wants to change with me this time?

7. Sep 9, 2004 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I've seen this before, so I'm not clicking the link. <'fraidy cat, I am>

8. Sep 9, 2004 #7
    That video scared the bejeesuz out of me!

9. Sep 9, 2004 #8
    How...how could you, Monique?

I wonder if they really televised this. I can already picture my grandparents recoiling with fatal shock from this ad. Incidentally, what does "So wach warst du noch nie" mean?

10. Sep 9, 2004 #9

I thought they were selling the Honda Civic Hybrid. The peaceful sound and the trees, then a sedan.

Scared the crap out of me. :eek:

11. Sep 9, 2004 #10
    Har..har.. I've seen this before.
    The author of the post, from where I first saw this from, did a great job luring people in. Here's the text he used:
    "This is a car advertisement from Germany. When they finished filming the ad, the people who made it noticed something moving along the side of the car. It's kind of like a ghostly white mist.

The ad was never put on TV because the unexplained ghostly phenomenon frightened the production team out of their wits.

Watch it and about halfway look and you will see the white mist crossing in front of the car then following it along the road... Spooky!

Note: The audio is a bit hard to hear. "

12. Sep 10, 2004 #11
    MONIQUE!!!!!!!!!! That scared the living crap out of me. Please leave a warning in future, please.

The Bob (2004 ©)

13. Sep 10, 2004 #12

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:devil: hehe [​IMG]

For comfort, it scared the life out of me too :bugeye: :biggrin:

14. Sep 10, 2004 #13

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It means 'This awake you weren't before' :wink:

15. Sep 10, 2004 #14
    As in 'This awakes you like never before'?!

:rolleyes: Seems fitting.

16. Sep 10, 2004 #15
    Oh ok. Never mind. I just don't like being scared with dead things really. Well not dead things that move. It is making me paranoid now.

The Bob (2004 ©)

17. Sep 10, 2004 #16

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

awh, I'm sorry.. I wanted to edit in a warning for the faint-hearted, but I can't edit the post :frown:
    [p.s. the green guy is not really dead :wink:]

18. Sep 10, 2004 #17
    I know it is an actor but it still makes me paronoid. Never mind Monique. I need to learn to be a little less scared at things.

The Bob (2004 ©)

19. Sep 10, 2004 #18
    I once spooked an elderly lady from behind using a gentle touch while uttering "BOO". As she turned to face me with enormously round eyes, her knees buckled and she nearly fell (I caught her). I instantly felt very, very, badly for having done this, as it was only meant to be a harmless practical joke. This video gave me quite a start and made me feel the way that woman had looked, so I am thankful that what has gone around has now come around, and wish to believe all is at last forgiven, haha.

20. Sep 10, 2004 #19

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How about a cardboard cutout of a man placed in a safe that only gets opened at the end of the day when the lights have been dimmed...

21. Sep 10, 2004 #20
    Dunno, that sounds rather frightening.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?