Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coolant gas.

  1. Oct 14, 2009 #1
    Hello all,
    I am doing a research which involves hollow copper conductors. I would like to know about some kind of coolant or gas (like SF6) which can be passed through the copper tube to cool it, the temperature of the copper conductor can reach upto 100 degree C. The coolant should cool the conductor quickly so as the temperature at any point should not go high.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 16, 2009 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    I think you should ask on engineering forum, they use coolants all the time so they know much more about them.

  4. Oct 16, 2009 #3
    yes, ask engineers. But, give them some details of the system other than the required temperature.
    My only experience with copper tubes containing coolants was with big triacs, which we cooled with water.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook