Coolest Word Ever

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
I just invented new word... Forni****ate :rofl: (sorry I just think all day about sex :redface:)

cepheid
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You only left out one letter...what the hell are the four stars for? :tongue2:

My high school French teacher used to threaten to defenestrate us all the time (in French, of course). :rofl:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
cepheid said:
You only left out one letter...what the hell are the four stars for? :tongue2:
see, this is why stoned is lonely.
"Hey, darlin', let's fornimuhcate!"

The chicks never know what he's talking about. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I remember thinking how cool it is that Lake Titicaca drains into Lake Poopó.

But then there is nothing like a trip to the magical Pupu Springs, near Takaka.

When in Chinese restaurants, I like to order the "Human" dishes.

Danger
Gold Member
SOS2008 said:
No one's going to make a remark about this? :confused:
I got here late, and spent about 20 minutes going back over old posts to see if Gravenworld ? was male or female. I'm still not sure.
So... clever retorts pending... (But as far as the spelunking is concerned, I'm glad that I'm not claustrophobic...)

gravenewworld said:
I love to spelunk in dark crevices o:)
If you get lost, we'll send in a search party. :biggrin:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia [Broken]

Such irony, such beauty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
theCandyman said:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia [Broken]

Such irony, such beauty.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We have a winner!!! No way to top that.

Last edited by a moderator:
jcsd
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I've actually worked the word 'antidisestablishmentarianism' into a conevrstaion before (the only chance you ever have to do this is when discussing the Anglican church in the UK in the 18th century).

Or a number of linguistic topics.

does anyone know the word for 'fear of phobias'? Phobophobia? :rofl:

floccinaucinihilipilification... My wifey would say I do this all the time. I love assigning value to things considered worthless to most.

Smurf said:
does anyone know the word for 'fear of phobias'? Phobophobia? :rofl:

So then I guess the fear of phobophobia would be phobophobophobia :biggrin:

This is so asinine. I love the word asinine.

matutolagnia
n.
antemeridian sexual desire

matutinal
adj.
relating to or occurring in the morning

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The rotating brush roll in a Hoover is properly called the disturbulator. :biggrin:

The Germans call the TV das Fernsehen - "the far seer". I always liked that. It seems to me that the longest name of a road is also German - it combines the names of the villages that lie along its path.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis: defined by the OED as "a factitious word alleged to mean 'a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust'

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch: a village in Wales

Compounds (apparently there is one that is 1,913 letters long)

A few words found only in Joyce's Finnegans Wake.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/l/longestword.html

ACETYL*SERYL*TYROSYL*SERYL*ISO*LEUCYL*THREONYL*SERYL*PROLYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*VALYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*LEUCYL*SERYL*SERYL*VALYL*TRYPTOPHYL*ALANYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*LEUCYL*ASPARAGINYL*VALYL*CYSTEINYL*THREONYL*SERYL*SERYL*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*GLUTAMINYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*ALANYL*ARGINYL*THREONYL*THREONYL*GLUTAMINYL*VALYL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*SERYL*GLUTAMINYL*VALYL*TRYPTOPHYL*LYSYL*PROLYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*GLUTAMINYL*SERYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ARGINYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*GLYCYL*ASPARTYL*VALYL*TYROSYL*LYSYL*VALYL*TYROSYL*ARGINYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINYL*ALANYL*VALYL*LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*PROLYL*LEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*THREONYL*ALANYL*LEUCYL*LEUCYL*GLYCYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*ASPARTYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ASPARAGINYL*ARGINYL*ISOLEUCYL*ISOLEUCYL*GLUTAMYL*VALYL*GLUTAMYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMINYL*GLUTAMINYL*SERYL*PROLYL*THREONYL*THREONYL*ALANYL*GLUTAMYL*THREONYL*LEUCYL*ASPARTYL*ALANYL*THREONYL*ARGINYL*ARGINYL*VALYL*ASPARTYL*ASPARTYL*ALANYL*THREONYL*VALYL*ALANYL*ISOLEUCYL*ARGINYL*SERYL*ALANYL*ASPARAGINYL*ISOLEUCYL*ASPARAGINYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*ARGINYL*GLYCYL*THREONYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*TYROSYL*ASPARAGINYL*GLUTAMINYL*ASPARAGINYL*THREONYL*PHENYL*ALANYL*GLUTAMYL*SERYL*METHIONYL*SERYL*GLYCYL*LEUCYL*VALYL*TRYPTOPHYL*THREONYL*SERYL*ALANYL*PROLYL*ALANYL*SERINE = Tobacco

TAUMATA*WHAKA*TANGI*HANGA*KOAUAU*O*TAMATEA*TURIPUKAKA*PIKI*MAUNGA*HORO*NUKU*POKAI*WHENUA*KITANA*TAHU - A hill in New Zealand

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_longest.html

Danger
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch: a village in Wales
Damned Welsh again. According to the ex-from-hell, it's probably prounounced 'Anlock' or some silly-ass thing like that. :rolleyes:

RageSk8
I like "callipygian". I am still waiting for it to show up in a rap song (it has to eventually).

I've always been fond of woebedraggled. Not even sure if its a word but that's how I feel first thing in the morning, well afternoon as it often is.

Huck

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Danger said:
Damned Welsh again. According to the ex-from-hell, it's probably prounounced 'Anlock' or some silly-ass thing like that. :rolleyes:

Nah, it's pronounced as it's spelt. Well, as much as any other Welsh word can be (Oh the joys of quadruple 'l's.). I don't think it counts though, the Welsh invented it in recent times as a tourist attraction. Why else would you want to go to Anglesey?

Danger
Gold Member
Huckleberry said:
I've always been fond of woebedraggled. Not even sure if its a word but that's how I feel first thing in the morning, well afternoon as it often is.
I think that one's a regional variation. Here it's 'woebegotten'. The real word behind it is 'woebegone'.

Evo
Mentor
Tsk, I've posted this before. According to the "Guinness book of world records"

"The city with the longest name in common usage is in New Zealand. Taumatawhakatangihangakoauotamateturipukakapikimaungahoro-Nukupokaiwhenua kitanatahu translates as the 'place where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, who slid, climbed and swallowed mountains, known as land-eater, played his flute to his loved one'. This is the place name recognised by the Guinness Book of Records.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch currently has the prestige of having the UK's longest place name."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A418565

Danger
Gold Member
brewnog said:
Why else would you want to go to Anglesey?
Hey, you gotta admit I got a lot closer than most colonists would have. (I even thought that the first part might be Angel (not Angle). The trick is that as with everything else about the Welsh, it's not too bad if you ignore 90% of it. :wink:

Evo said:
Tsk, I've posted this before.
Where on Earth did you find the energy to do it again? :tongue:

RageSk8 said:
I like "callipygian". I am still waiting for it to show up in a rap song (it has to eventually).
You win. .