1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cooling system

1. Sep 15, 2005 #1
    I have a cooling system where the condenser has an effect of 131 kW. The text says that the condensor-heat can be recirculated using the ventilaton-system 5 months a year, and that the vent.system is running between 0800-2000 monday to friday. I also have the energi price pr kWh. The cooling-system runs 365 days a year. I'm supposed to find the yearly cost. I have other info like flow/h, and the enthalphies.

I don't really know where to start...so it says "the condensor-heat can be recirculated", is that the effect of 131 kW? Anyone?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

It's a bit difficult to understand " the condenser has an effect of 131 kW." Is this the cooling capacity of the condenser, or the heat rejected?

Do you have a COP, coefficient of performance?

I suspect this is something like a heat pump, which can be used to cool or to heat depending on which side is used.

So is this system cooling for 7 months and heating for 5 months?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?