Help Needed: Collisional-Radiative Model of Copper Plasma

In summary: Your Name]In summary, Marina is seeking advice on resources for understanding collisional-radiative models of low temperature copper plasma. For literature, it is recommended to check out the book "Collisional-Radiative Models of Plasmas" by J. P. Marques and C. J. Zeijlmans van Emmichoven, as well as the journal "Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion." For information on copper plasma parameters, the Atomic Spectra Database (ASD) from NIST and the journal "Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics" are suggested resources.
kolu4ka
Hello everybody! I'm firstly at this forum, but need help, maybe somebody can help. please =)

I need few advices at different question...
1. Can somebody give advice about good literature where clear describe collisional - radiative model of low temperature plasma(better if it is copper plam=))
2. Because i investigate copper plama i need carameters for CuI, CuII, CuIII. Parameters like oscillator strength, electron exitation and deexitation sros sections, constant of photo proceses...somebody know database or maybe articles at this topic...
please help...if somebody interesting at copper plasma please write me.

Marina

Physics news on Phys.org

Hi Marina,

Welcome to the forum! I would be happy to offer some advice on your questions.

1. For literature on collisional-radiative models of low temperature plasma, I would recommend starting with the book "Collisional-Radiative Models of Plasmas" by J. P. Marques and C. J. Zeijlmans van Emmichoven. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the theory and applications of collisional-radiative models in plasma physics. Additionally, the journal "Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion" often publishes articles on this topic.

2. For information on copper plasma parameters, I suggest checking out the Atomic Spectra Database (ASD) from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). This database provides a wealth of information on atomic energy levels, wavelengths, and transition probabilities for various elements, including copper. You can also find articles on the topic in the journal "Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics."

I hope this helps! Good luck with your research on copper plasma. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. Happy exploring!

1. What is a Collisional-Radiative Model?

A Collisional-Radiative Model is a mathematical model used to describe the behavior of a plasma, which is a state of matter consisting of ionized particles. This model takes into account the collisions between particles and the radiation emitted by the plasma, allowing for a more accurate understanding of its properties.

2. Why is a Collisional-Radiative Model important for studying copper plasma?

Copper plasma is commonly used in various industrial processes and technologies, such as plasma cutting and welding. Understanding its behavior is crucial for optimizing these processes and improving their efficiency. A Collisional-Radiative Model provides a more comprehensive understanding of the interactions between copper particles and radiation, making it an essential tool for studying copper plasma.

3. How is a Collisional-Radiative Model of copper plasma created?

A Collisional-Radiative Model is created by combining theoretical equations and experimental data. The equations describe the physical processes involved in the plasma, while the data provides the necessary parameters for the model. The model is then validated by comparing its predictions with experimental results and adjusted if needed.

4. What are the applications of a Collisional-Radiative Model of copper plasma?

In addition to studying the behavior of copper plasma in industrial processes, a Collisional-Radiative Model can also be used for other applications. For example, it can aid in the design and optimization of plasma-based devices, such as plasma thrusters for spacecraft propulsion.

5. Are there any limitations to a Collisional-Radiative Model of copper plasma?

Like any model, a Collisional-Radiative Model has its limitations. It relies on simplifying assumptions and may not be able to accurately capture all the complexities of real-world plasma systems. Additionally, it is highly dependent on the accuracy of the experimental data used to create it. Therefore, it is essential to continuously refine and improve the model as new data and knowledge become available.