Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cops bust doughnut ring!

1. Aug 23, 2011 #1
    You just can't make this stuff up.

http://news.yahoo.com/greek-police-smash-violent-doughnut-ring-213853411.html

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 24, 2011 #2
    Doughnuts are a long way from the spears of Sparta. Then again, they'd make a tasty decoration when skewered by the spears.

4. Aug 24, 2011 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That kind of thing is a field day for journalists. :biggrin:

5. Aug 24, 2011 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Funny! Every time I think of doughnuts and consulting work, I think back on the times that I'd show up in the guard-house or control rooms of a mill that I was consulting for in south Georgia. So many times, there were doughnuts out and available, thanks to sales-people, consultants, etc. All through the summer season, I'd go in to work just a bit late, so I could stop at a peach orchard near Dothan and pick up bags of fresh tree-ripened peaches. Those never lasted more than a minute!! The ones that didn't get grabbed for immediate consumption were stuffed into lunch-boxes, etc for later. It was odd. My wife asked me why were the workers so excited about the fresh peaches when they lived right there in peach-growing country, and I couldn't give her a good answer. If I brought in a couple of boxes of doughnuts, some might still be there by lunch-time. Not so for the peaches - they would be gone.

6. Aug 24, 2011 #5
    Never mess with a cop's donuts.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook