Greek Police Bust Violent Doughnut Ring

• Thread starter Newai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ring
In summary: Greek police have smashed a ring of violent doughnut sellers in a beach resort, according to reports. The suspects, who are Bulgarian, are alleged to have been using violence to corner the doughnut market, and an undercover officer was able to lead to their arrest.
Newai
You just can't make this stuff up.

Greek police smash violent doughnut ring

THESSALONIKI, Greece (AP) — It took an undercover operation, but Greek police have blown a hole in a ring of alleged crooks who had cornered the doughnut market in a beach resort.

It started with complaints that two Bulgarian men and a former Greek wrestling champion were using violence to choke off the trade by other doughnut vendors on Paliouri beach in the Halkidiki peninsula near Thessaloniki.

So an undercover officer posed as a doughnut seller, police said Tuesday, and he was attacked, leading to the arrest of the three aggressive doughnut sellers.
http://news.yahoo.com/greek-police-smash-violent-doughnut-ring-213853411.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Doughnuts are a long way from the spears of Sparta. Then again, they'd make a tasty decoration when skewered by the spears.

That kind of thing is a field day for journalists. :biggrin:

Funny! Every time I think of doughnuts and consulting work, I think back on the times that I'd show up in the guard-house or control rooms of a mill that I was consulting for in south Georgia. So many times, there were doughnuts out and available, thanks to sales-people, consultants, etc. All through the summer season, I'd go into work just a bit late, so I could stop at a peach orchard near Dothan and pick up bags of fresh tree-ripened peaches. Those never lasted more than a minute! The ones that didn't get grabbed for immediate consumption were stuffed into lunch-boxes, etc for later. It was odd. My wife asked me why were the workers so excited about the fresh peaches when they lived right there in peach-growing country, and I couldn't give her a good answer. If I brought in a couple of boxes of doughnuts, some might still be there by lunch-time. Not so for the peaches - they would be gone.

Never mess with a cop's donuts.

1) What led to the bust of the violent doughnut ring?

The Greek police were able to bust the violent doughnut ring through a combination of undercover work, surveillance, and intelligence gathering. They received a tip from a concerned citizen and were able to use that information to track down and arrest members of the ring.

2) How did the doughnut ring become violent?

The doughnut ring became violent due to internal conflicts and power struggles within the organization. As the members vied for control and territory, violence and intimidation tactics were used to maintain their position.

3) What measures were taken to stop the violence caused by the doughnut ring?

The Greek police worked closely with other law enforcement agencies and used a combination of arrests, raids, and confiscation of weapons and illegal substances to stop the violence caused by the doughnut ring. They also implemented stricter penalties for those involved in the illegal activities.

4) Were any innocent civilians affected by the actions of the doughnut ring?

Yes, unfortunately, some innocent civilians were affected by the violence and illegal activities of the doughnut ring. There were reports of bystanders getting caught in the crossfire or being intimidated by members of the ring.

5) Is the doughnut ring completely disbanded now?

While the majority of the members of the doughnut ring were arrested and the organization was dismantled, there are always possibilities of new groups forming. The Greek police continue to monitor the situation and take necessary measures to prevent the rise of another violent doughnut ring.

Back