Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide

• Thread starter Gamma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary: However, because the work was used in a textbook, the company I currently work for would be able to claim the work as their own and I would not be able to use it in my current job. Although I allowed him the right to print it giving me credit, it still remained mine. However, because the work was used in a textbook, the company I currently work for would be able to claim the work as their own and I would not be able to use it in my current job.
Gamma
Hello,

Where can I get questions (physics/math) which are copy right free.
Thanks,

Gamma.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you seeking to publish a book on solutions to exercises?

Nobody owns exercises that that ask to prove a theorem.

Gamma said:
Hello,

Where can I get questions (physics/math) which are copy right free.
Thanks,

Gamma.
Do you mean papers that have now become public domain? Are you looking for old books or old information online? If it's online, try doing a search in google or another search engine on either the author or specific problem, or title.

Are you seeking to publish a book on solutions to exercises?

To use in my website. I have a collection of questions that I answered when I worked for a tutoring service. (about 200 of them). I worked hard on these questions. However, the questions does not belong to me. Now I am looking for fresh questions to answer.

Do you mean papers that have now become public domain? Are you looking for old books or old information online?

Books that are in public domain are pretty old. Aren't they? I will check that out too.

Gamma.

Gamma said:
To use in my website. I have a collection of questions that I answered when I worked for a tutoring service. (about 200 of them). I worked hard on these questions. However, the questions does not belong to me. Now I am looking for fresh questions to answer.

Books that are in public domain are pretty old. Aren't they? I will check that out too.

Gamma.

are questions from a book actually copyrighted? besides, if the solutions are your own, especially if there was no solution in the orginal book, i don't think there would be a problem.

Tom1992 said:
are questions from a book actually copyrighted? besides, if the solutions are your own, especially if there was no solution in the orginal book, i don't think there would be a problem.
His answers would have become the intellectual property of the company he worked for.

are questions from a book actually copyrighted?

I would like to know the answer to this. I thought they are copyrighted.

His answers would have become the intellectual property of the company he worked for.

Right, the answer is an intellectual property of the company as well as mine. But the question was supplied to me by the company to be answered. That is why the question is not mine. Now, what do I do with only a bunch of solutions? I may be able to change the question, perhaps changing some quantities within the question. That will involve a lot of work in my part.

I don't think questions from a book are copyrighted. Many textbooks (from different authors and publishers) share common questions with just different wording, especially the proof questions. As for calculational questions, I guess every question is unique in the numbers and functions being used, but the idea and goals of the questions are also shared among many textbooks.

Gamma said:
Right, the answer is an intellectual property of the company as well as mine. But the question was supplied to me by the company to be answered. That is why the question is not mine. Now, what do I do with only a bunch of solutions? I may be able to change the question, perhaps changing some quantities within the question. That will involve a lot of work in my part.
It depends on what kind of agreements you signed with your company. Hopefully you have a copy of your intellectual property and non-compete agreements. Have an attorney look them over.

For example my company cannot claim my pre-existing intellectual property, but then it gets blurred where my pre-existing knowledge works with knowledge developed while at my current company. It can get quite messy.

In college, a professor asked me to sign a waiver to allow him to use some of my work in a textbook he was writing. Although I allowed him the right to print it giving me credit, it still remained mine.

Last edited:

1. What is "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide"?

"Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide" is an online resource that provides free practice questions and resources for students studying physics and math.

2. Who can use "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide"?

Anyone can use "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide", but it is primarily designed for students in high school or college who are studying physics and math.

3. How can I access the practice questions on "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide"?

You can access the practice questions by visiting the website and browsing through the different categories or by using the search bar to find specific topics.

4. Are the practice questions on "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide" similar to actual exam questions?

Yes, the practice questions on "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide" are designed to be similar to actual exam questions and cover a wide range of topics to help students prepare for their exams.

5. Can I submit my own practice questions to be added to "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide"?

Yes, we encourage users to submit their own practice questions to be added to "Free Physics & Math Questions - Gamma's Guide". This helps us provide a diverse range of questions and resources for our users.