Disassembling a 9.6v RYOBI Drill: Locked Gears?

In summary, to disassemble a 9.6v RYOBI Drill, you will need a screwdriver, pliers, and a wrench. To unlock the gears, locate the gear lock button and press it down while turning the chuck counterclockwise. If the gears are stuck, try applying lubricant and tapping them with a hammer. Remember to wear protective gear and unplug the tool before disassembling. It is possible to reassemble the drill by following the disassembly process in reverse order.
Precursor
I took apart a 9.6v RYOBI cordless drill and was wondering which of the gears in the transmission are locked. There's the 1st and 2nd stage sun gear, 1st and 2nd stage spider gear, and ring gear.

I think the ring gear is one of them, but which else are also locked, if any?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Any ideas?

What tools are needed to disassemble a 9.6v RYOBI Drill?

The tools needed to disassemble a 9.6v RYOBI Drill include a screwdriver, pliers, and a wrench.

How do I unlock the gears on a 9.6v RYOBI Drill?

To unlock the gears on a 9.6v RYOBI Drill, locate the gear lock button on the side of the drill and press it down while turning the chuck counterclockwise.

What should I do if the gears on my drill are stuck?

If the gears on your drill are stuck, try applying lubricant to the gears and gently tapping them with a hammer to loosen them. If this does not work, seek professional assistance.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when disassembling a power tool?

Yes, it is important to wear protective gear such as gloves and safety glasses when disassembling a power tool. Make sure the tool is unplugged or the battery is removed before beginning the disassembly process.

Can I reassemble a 9.6v RYOBI Drill after disassembling it?

Yes, it is possible to reassemble a 9.6v RYOBI Drill after disassembling it. Make sure to keep track of all the parts and follow the disassembly process in reverse order.