Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News Corruption in NJ

1. Jul 23, 2009 #1
    The Information Ministry of the Glorious People's Democratic Revolutionary Republic of Northern South Jersey (GPDRRNSJ (NSJ for short) for short) has released the following communique: "Hoboken and Secaucus are in the north. You gotta problem with that?"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aBblMZUVJ6To" [Broken]

What do you expect? When the news came out about those 4 innocent bystanders that were injured during a bank robbery in Hoboken, we in the GPDRRNSJ didn't know what to make of it. We hadn't realized that in North Jersery there were 4 innocent people.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2009 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

:rofl:

Those are the 4 from NY who went missing. :rofl:

4. Jul 23, 2009 #3

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Damn. How do I get in on one of these?

5. Jul 23, 2009 #4
    Go to Hoboken and wait 5 minutes.

6. Jul 23, 2009 #5

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I spent a year interning at Stevens. Didn't work. I think you need to wear sunglasses or a trenchcoat maybe

7. Jul 23, 2009 #6
    Me either. 17 indictments, no convictions.

8. Jul 23, 2009 #7
    Oooooh, I'm in New Jersey right now.

Obama was just in NJ a little while ago campaigning for Corzine's reelection and he praised the mayor of Hoboken I think.

At least our pizza>>>your pizza.

9. Jul 23, 2009 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Politics is just so darned competitive. What could you expect when all the sex scandals are becoming too old hat that nobody notices anymore. In order to keep up with Republicans, Democrats had to start resorting to selling body parts and bouncing $25 million dollar checks! That last one has me boggled. Did the bank really just take his word for it that he would be good for two $25 million overdrafts on an account with a zero balance?

But, you should have warned me not to drink anything while reading the article. I had just taken a mouthful of soda when I got to this part:
    :rofl: I thought they were talking about politicians and rabbis in NJ. Faces of honesty, integrity and rectitude? :rofl:

10. Jul 23, 2009 #9

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

On the upside, it sure looks like the cops and prosecutors in NJ are doing a pretty good job. Zowie.

11. Jul 23, 2009 #10

turbo

Gold Member

You have to remember that they are working in what the military calls a "target-rich" environment. You can't swing a cat in NJ without hitting a mobster.

12. Jul 23, 2009 #11

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Perhaps they should just be allowed to run the place - after all 'organized' crime would be better than 'local' government.

Anyone else read SnowCrash ?

13. Jul 23, 2009 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They already do run the place, and they ARE the local government in NJ. :biggrin:

Though, I guess it does make sense that they chose body part sales there. I guess it's sort of like a chop shop for stolen cars...if you sell off the parts, you can make a quick profit while hiding the evidence. Maybe the swamps are getting full.

14. Jul 23, 2009 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Even the newborns have criminal records.

15. Jul 23, 2009 #14

turbo

Gold Member

That's not true. Infants are indicted in the womb, but can't be convicted until after they are born. Sadly, juries often lack the will to punish infants and toddlers.

16. Jul 23, 2009 #15

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook