Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmic Neutrino background?

Tags:
  1. Jan 30, 2013 #1
    I'm currently reading a cosmology book, the book is 4 years old. I am looking for more recent articles and developments on the subject. This is in the nature of supportive study material.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2013 #2

bapowell

Science Advisor

Check out the SPIRES database at http://inspirehep.net/.
    This listing is returned when I search for 'find t cosmic neutrino background'.

SPIRES is one of the leading databases of HEP, cosmology, and astrophysics papers on the web. It includes preprints as well, so you shouldn't need to search arXiv separately.

4. Jan 31, 2013 #3
    This is a good pResentation on the CNB .
    www-physics.lbl.gov/seminars/old/Petr_Vogel.pdf
    My understanding is that this would be extremley difficult to measure as neutrinos interact hardly at all with matter. But if we could iT would mean we had a probe of the universe when it was only a few seconds old. The Cmb shows us the uuniverse 380k years after the big bang. So it would be extremley interesting . I would like to know if different models of inflation or of pre big bang cosmology make different predictions about the CNB. Anyone know this?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  5. Jan 31, 2013 #4
    Thanks for the links I haven't seen any related predictions but wouldn't be surprised if their are some

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  6. Jan 31, 2013 #5

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here is a recent [like today] paper discussing neutrino effects in the early universe, What is half a neutrino? Reviewing cosmological constraints on neutrinos and dark radiation - http://arxiv.org/abs/1301.7102

7. Jan 31, 2013 #6
    That was a very informative article. Answered a few questions I had relating to the book I'm reading. Unfortunately I cannot answer what half a neutrino means lol.

8. Jan 31, 2013 #7

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook