Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmological constant

1. Feb 15, 2013 #1

Chronos

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Padmanabhan is guilty of another interesting paper - Solution to the cosmological constant problem, http://arxiv.org/abs/1302.3226. Any thoughts?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2013 #2
    Definetely a good paper its going to take me a bit to do the maths but he is using a well thought out approach

4. Feb 16, 2013 #3

Chalnoth

Science Advisor

Well, these sorts of ideas are a dime a dozen, but it's great that it offers a nice connection between the value of the cosmological constant and something that we might hope to observe at some point in the future (the energy scale of inflation).

5. Feb 16, 2013 #4
    Hi Chalnoth,

Would you point out to me what other ideas of this sort exist? His work offers a nice picture, and prediction, of the CC. It is also motivated by well known connection between gravity and thermodynamics. So I'm curious to see what other directions lead to explanations of the CC with as much results and are as well "motivated".

6. Feb 16, 2013 #5

Chalnoth

Science Advisor

Sorry, I don't recall any offhand. They generally just don't interest me. I just know that I see them relatively frequently.

7. Feb 16, 2013 #6
    Very well, thanks anyway :)

8. Feb 16, 2013 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook