Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmological Model: universe homogenously full of black holes

1. Feb 14, 2005 #1
    I'm taking a course on cosmology, my first Astro course, and we are going over all the standard Friedman equation stuff. The assumptions that the universe is homogenous and isotropic seem to be sufficient to narrow things down to 3 possibilities: +1, -1, and zero curvature.

I would like to develop a cosmological model in which the universe is isotropic and homogenously full of black holes. I think the singularities are important because they are topological properties of spacetime (and I think the topology of spacetime should affect the expantion of the universe as much as the curvature does).

Conceptually, I plan to do this by expressing both the metric and the stress-energy tensor as periodic functions of space involving the scwarchild solution, and then solving for expansion parameters. It may be hokey, but that's Cosmology :tongue2:

Do you guys think this could work? Has it been done? 25% of our grade is a special project, and I want to come up with something good, any suggestions would be great.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted