Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Cosmological Paramaters

1. Jan 29, 2017 #1
    Cosmological paramaters in the cold dark matter Lamda concordance model.

I have been trying to find the most
    uptodate values for Ho , Ohmega m and Ohmega Lamgad

I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find the most reliably, widely accepted values for these values that are currently known?

The textbook I am using was published in 2010 gives: Ho 72 kms^-1Mpc^-1 Ohmega Lamda 0.742. Ohmega m 0.358 (this includes all contributions from baryonic matter and dark matter etc.). I found though a more recent paper which seemed to be giving a lower value of about 69 for Ho and slightly different values for the other paramaters. So like I say, is there somewhere where I can find the most accepted values known today?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2017 #2

mathman

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Try google with the name of the parameters

4. Jan 29, 2017 #3

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor

2015 PLANCK data release is the most recent, I believe:
    https://arxiv.org/abs/1502.01589

It's not the matter of what's accepted, but of increasing accuracy.

5. Feb 3, 2017 #4
    Thanks. So it is accepted then the Planck data is the most accurate to date? The reason I ask this is because I had been wading through so much, which is why I was using the word accepted, meaning the it is not contested that the Planck data is the most accurate. Any way I will use this data - thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted