1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cosmology conferences

1. Sep 29, 2011 #1
    Hi all,

I am new here. Can you please give me a list of good conferences for publishing cosmology related papers?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2011 #2

eri

Typically you'd only submit to a conference proceeding if you attended and contributed to the conference. Why don't you send it to a journal instead? Which one would depend on the actual topic.

4. Sep 29, 2011 #3
    Ok. Can you please give a good list of Cosmology journals?

5. Sep 30, 2011 #4

eri

There are probably actual cosmology journals, but most of the people doing cosmology I've worked with send things either to the Astrophysical Journal (if they're in the US) or Astronomy & Astrophysics (Europe) or Nature/Science (if it's an important result).

6. Sep 30, 2011 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The usual rule is to send the paper to a journal you are reading regularly. If you're not reading any (and it sounds like you are not), how do you know that your work is unique, interesting, relevant and not in conflict with measurements?

7. Sep 30, 2011 #6
    To add on to Vanadium 50's reply, if you do research, presumably you have read related/prior works by other people, and many of these would have been published, so you can look at which journals they are published in. Those would be the journals you might want to try to submit to.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook