Which engineering field should I choose for renewable energy?

• Thread starter Wetterlin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ee
In summary, the person is struggling to decide on a field of study and is interested in chemistry, aerospace, and sustainable energy. They have tried talking to their counselor and posting on forums for advice but have not received helpful answers. They are considering a career in either physics or electrical engineering, with a focus on renewable energy.
Wetterlin
Hello all,
I have been trying to narrow down my thoughts for what I would like to study. I am currently enrolled in a community college and have almost completed my A.A. I find myself fairly interested in chemistry, also I thought it would be cool to work with airplanes which got me thinking about aerospace and also I thought it would be very cool to work with sustainable energy (solar panels or wind turbines) which I don't even know what field would work with that. I've been turning in circles on what to do but when it comes down to it, I have no idea nor do I even have an idea on how to find an idea. I've tried talking to my counselor about maybe an internship so I could see what certain fields of engineering really entails but all they really ask is well what field are you interested in? And I tell them I have no idea that's why I am here. They say well when you narrow down your thoughts come back and we can work something out, and I find this so unhelpful.
CAN SOMEONE HELP??
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello brother. I posted like 4 threads about it and there were few straight answers.
For wind power, a mechanical engineer can do it, but also the EE has its part.
For photovoltaics people told me that EE has a lot to do with it.

But photovoltaics involves, Solid State Physics, Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, EE, MSc. This kind of works are very interdisciplinary.
EE is a lot more physics and math than chemistry. But Physical Chemistry uses a lot physics and math. I hate this thing becouse looks like there is no straight answer.

Personally i am between Physics and EE. Physics offers a lot of potential and understanding, but living in a 3rd world country there is no research, so maybe EE is a more viable way.

For you, i don't know where you live, but if you live in a 1st world country, choose what ever you like more and focus it in renewable energy.

What is EE?

EE stands for Electrical Engineering. It is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, development, and maintenance of electrical systems, such as power generation, transmission, and distribution.

Why should I consider EE as a career?

EE offers a wide range of career opportunities in various industries, including telecommunications, energy, and electronics. It also allows you to work with cutting-edge technology and be at the forefront of innovation.

What skills do I need to have for EE?

To excel in EE, you should have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics. You should also have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. Additionally, being detail-oriented and having good communication skills will also be beneficial.

What are the job prospects for EE graduates?

The demand for electrical engineers is expected to grow in the coming years, with the increasing use of technology in various industries. EE graduates can find employment in a wide range of fields, including renewable energy, robotics, and telecommunications.

How can I determine if EE is right for me?

If you have a passion for technology and are interested in understanding and working with electrical systems, then EE may be the right career path for you. You can also try taking introductory courses or internships in the field to gain a better understanding of the subject and see if it aligns with your interests and skills.