Could quantum teleportation be used to teleport humans?

• Thread starter hammertime
  • Start date
what about DNA - you'l need a pretty big computer to hold all that information in detail, enough to reproduce it in detail at the other end.
The 'code' of DNA for a human is around 800 megabytes, which can be compressed to 30 megabytes. All of the information necessary to construct a human only takes about 30 megabytes. The question about the soul is irrelevant. More importantly, how would the memories be reconstructed? I see no challenge in simply building a new human, but to recreate the memories of a teleported human would have to mean that our personal memories are encoded in DNA.

Note: megabyte size of DNA taken from 'The Singularity is Near', by Ray Kurzweil.

Copying DNA is just cloning
It makes a DIFFERENT human.

Copying DNA is just cloning
It makes a DIFFERENT human.
Of course. That's why I pointed out the problem of recovering memories. They are not stored in DNA (not information), so what are they?

The only way I can understand teleportation of humans is to think of teleporting the instructions that build us, our DNA. Our memories are not stored in the instructions that build us.

Even more, it is possible that full knowledge about the system and consciousness don’t commute. So if you know how system is built and it's state, that system is not conscious. If system is conscious, you can't learn its state and understand structure completely without destroying consciousness.

Mathematically it is possible.