Convert 20mL of Solution I to Moles - Help Needed

• Thread starter jjjackso89
  • Start date
In summary, to convert milliliters to moles, you can use the formula: moles = volume (mL) x molarity (M). To determine the number of moles in a specific volume of solution, you will need to know the molarity of the solution. The molarity of a solution can be found by dividing the moles of solute by the volume of the solution in liters. You can also use liters and mol as units for this conversion. Additionally, you will need to know the molecular weight of the solute to convert milliliters to moles. This information can be found on the periodic table or through other resources.
jjjackso89
I am way confused:confused:

I have 20mL of solution I(with a minus) and I need to convert it to moles

If anybody knows how to do this could you please show me. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
You either need to know the molarity of the substance or what the density of it is.

Do you mean you have 20mL of liquid iodine?

1. What is the formula for converting milliliters to moles?

The formula for converting milliliters to moles is: moles = volume (mL) x molarity (M).

2. How many moles are in 20mL of Solution I?

To determine the number of moles in 20mL of Solution I, you will need to know the molarity of Solution I. Once you have the molarity, use the formula: moles = 20mL x molarity (M).

3. How do I find the molarity of Solution I?

The molarity of Solution I can be found by dividing the moles of solute by the volume of the solution in liters. For example, if you have 0.5 moles of solute in 1 liter of Solution I, the molarity would be 0.5M.

4. Can I use any units besides milliliters and moles for this conversion?

Yes, you can also use liters instead of milliliters and mol instead of moles. The formula would be: mol = volume (L) x molarity (M).

5. Do I need to know the molecular weight of the solute to convert milliliters to moles?

Yes, you will need to know the molecular weight of the solute in order to convert milliliters to moles. This can be found on the periodic table or through other resources.