Could someone me out ? grade 11 physics ?

In summary, a 2 kg sponge is dropped from rest and is affected by a 5 N force of air resistance. We need to find the final velocity of the sponge in 6 seconds. Using the Second Newton Law, we can determine the acceleration of the sponge. Then, using the formula vf= vi + at, we can calculate the final velocity, taking into account the negative sign for the opposing direction of the falling sponge.
xxt
Member warned: Non-Descriptive Thread Title

Homework Statement

A 2 kg sponge is dropped from rest, pulled down by gravity. how fast will it be traveling in 6 seconds, with a 5 N force of air resistance acting on it ?

Homework Equations

vf= vi+ gt (im just guessing coz I am not sure )

The Attempt at a Solution

the speed in 6 seconds ?? (im not sure what to write here)

so could someone please help me out pleaseeee? thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

The wording of the problem is not clear, did you copied it correctly? Was it not "how fast will it be traveling in the 6th second" ?
Anyway, it is said that also air resistance acts on it, in addition to gravity. So what is the acceleration of the sponge? vf=vi+gt is valid when the only force is gravity.

First, find the acceleration using the Second Newton Law
Then, use the formula vf= vi + at to get the final velocity (Note : Use negative sign for the opposite direction of the falling ball)

1. How do I ask someone to help me out with grade 11 physics?

The best way to ask for help with grade 11 physics is to be specific about what you need help with. It's also helpful to provide some background information on what you have already tried and where you are struggling.

2. Is it ok to ask for help with grade 11 physics?

Yes, it is perfectly fine to ask for help with grade 11 physics. In fact, seeking help when you are struggling can greatly improve your understanding and performance in the subject.

3. How can someone help me with grade 11 physics?

There are many ways someone can help you with grade 11 physics. They can explain concepts, provide practice problems, review your work, or offer study tips and resources.

4. Can I get help with grade 11 physics outside of school?

Yes, there are many resources outside of school that can provide help with grade 11 physics. You can seek help from a tutor, join a study group, or utilize online resources and videos.

5. How often should I ask for help with grade 11 physics?

It is important to ask for help whenever you are struggling with a concept or assignment in grade 11 physics. Don't wait until you are completely lost to seek help. Regularly seeking help can greatly improve your understanding and performance in the subject.