Help with Vector Mechanics Question #71

• Thread starter gparizek
  • Start date
In summary, someone is seeking help with a problem involving equilibrium, vector components, pulleys, and springs. They mention a specific problem from a textbook and ask for hints. However, someone points out that not everyone has access to the textbook and requests for the full problem to be posted.
gparizek
Could someone please help...?

Hi, this is my first time on the site, so tell me if i am stepping on any toes...
Can someone help me get to the answer here, i really need to understand how to do this, but i am having trouble even getting started, before i give the problem, i do understand equilibrium and vector components, just not when pulley's and springs are added in...
Out of Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Statics) Seventh Edition by Beer and Johnston, it is Chapter 2's question # 71, where a load Q is applied to a pulley C, which can roll an another pulley's line...etc etc,
any hints...?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am sorry, but do you really suppose that everyone has a copy of this particular text at hand?

Please post the problem in its entirety. ect simply does not tell us enough.

Hi there! Welcome to the site. I'd be happy to help you with question #71 from Chapter 2 of Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Statics). Can you please provide the full problem statement so I can better understand the scenario and give you the most accurate guidance? Also, can you specify which part you're having trouble with - the pulleys, springs, or both? This will help me give you more specific hints and clarify any concepts you may be struggling with. Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hello there, welcome to the site! I would be happy to assist you with question #71 from Chapter 2 of Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Statics) by Beer and Johnston. Can you provide the specific problem statement and any diagrams or equations given in the question? This will help me better understand the problem and provide you with a clear explanation. Also, have you attempted to solve the problem yourself and encountered any specific difficulties? Let me know and I will do my best to guide you through the process. Looking forward to helping you!

What is the question asking for?

The question is asking for help with a specific question from a vector mechanics assignment or test. It may involve solving a problem related to forces, motion, or equilibrium.

What information is needed to answer this question?

To answer this question, you will need to have a strong understanding of vector mechanics principles and equations. You may also need to know the specific context or scenario provided in the question, as well as any given values or variables.

How can I approach this question?

It is recommended to first read and understand the question and the given information. Then, identify any known values and the unknown value you need to solve for. Next, apply relevant equations and principles to set up an equation or system of equations. Finally, solve for the unknown value using algebraic or graphical methods.

Are there any common mistakes made when answering this type of question?

Yes, some common mistakes include using the wrong equation or principle, miscalculating values, and not paying attention to units. It is important to carefully read and interpret the question, double check all calculations, and be aware of the units used in the problem.

Where can I find additional resources for help with this question?

You can try consulting your textbook, class notes, or online resources for explanations and examples of vector mechanics problems. You can also seek help from your instructor or classmates, or consider reaching out to a tutor for additional support.