Could someone tell me what is the best school in cosmology and high energy?

In summary, when choosing a graduate school for a PhD, it is important to research the literature and identify which researchers are conducting the most interesting work to you. Then, reach out to them and inquire about their availability for taking on students. Even if you are not in the same country, you can still contact them via email, which is a common practice among prospective grad students. While it is beneficial to speak with them in person, it is not a requirement.
alanzhu
I want to pursue for a Ph.D in these area.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
There isn't any "best school"; there are best schools in various subfields. The best way to choose a grad school is to read the literature and find out which researchers are doing the most interesting work to you, talk to them about it ahead of time, and if they're taking students, go wherever they are.

But I'm not in US, It's hard for me to contact with any of the
professors.
Originally posted by Ambitwistor
There isn't any "best school"; there are best schools in various subfields. The best way to choose a grad school is to read the literature and find out which researchers are doing the most interesting work to you, talk to them about it ahead of time, and if they're taking students, go wherever they are.

Just e-mail them; you can do that inside or outside of the country in question. That's what most prospective grad students do nowadays. (Of course, it's also nice to be able to talk to them in person, but it's not necessary.)

1. What is cosmology and high energy?

Cosmology is the study of the origin, evolution, and structure of the universe, while high energy refers to the study of particles and energy at extreme levels, such as those found in the early universe or in black holes.

2. Why is it important to study cosmology and high energy?

Studying cosmology and high energy can help us understand the fundamental laws of the universe and how it has evolved over time. It also has practical applications, such as in developing new technologies and medical treatments.

3. What are some top schools for studying cosmology and high energy?

Some top schools for studying cosmology and high energy include the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Cambridge.

4. What qualifications do I need to pursue a degree in cosmology and high energy?

To pursue a degree in cosmology and high energy, you typically need a strong background in physics and mathematics. Most schools also require applicants to have a bachelor's degree in a related field.

5. What career opportunities are available for those studying cosmology and high energy?

Graduates with a degree in cosmology and high energy can pursue careers in research, academia, and industry. They may also work in fields such as aerospace engineering, astrophysics, and particle physics.