Calculating Gravity: Understanding Orbital Satellites in Circular Orbit

• Thread starter Didia
  • Start date
In summary, to find the magnitude of acceleration due to gravity at a distance of 2.3.59E7 m above the surface of the earth, one must use the universal gravitation law and Newton's Second Law. The mass of the object does not affect the acceleration in this scenario. It is recommended to refer to a textbook or search the internet for more information on these concepts.
Didia
this is one of the questions on my homework for today... can you guys explain to me how you will be able to get the answer for this?

-
-
-
A satellites are placed in a circular orbit that is 2.3.59E7 m above the surface of the earth. What is the magnitude of the acceleration due to gravity at this distance? :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Didia said:
this is one of the questions on my homework for today... can you guys explain to me how you will be able to get the answer for this?

-
-
-
A satellites are placed in a circular orbit that is 2.3.59E7 m above the surface of the earth. What is the magnitude of the acceleration due to gravity at this distance? :confused:

You need to know the universal gravitation law for the force of attraction between two objects. Then apply Newton's Second Law to find the acceleration of an object at that distance from the earth. You will find that the mass of the object does not matter. If you don't recognize the things I mentioned, find them in your text or search the internet.

What does "could use a little help" mean?

"Could use a little help" is a phrase that typically means someone is asking for assistance or support with a task or situation. It could also indicate that someone is struggling and could benefit from some help or guidance.

Why do people use the phrase "could use a little help"?

People may use this phrase because they feel overwhelmed or unable to handle a task or situation on their own. It can also be a polite way of asking for assistance without directly admitting that they need help.

What are some common situations where "could use a little help" is used?

This phrase can be used in a variety of situations, such as when someone is moving and needs help with lifting furniture, when a student is struggling with a difficult assignment, or when someone is going through a tough time and needs emotional support.

Is asking for help a sign of weakness?

No, asking for help is not a sign of weakness. In fact, it takes courage and self-awareness to recognize when you could use some assistance. Asking for help can also lead to personal growth and learning.

How can others provide help to someone who could use a little help?

There are many ways to provide help, depending on the situation. It could be as simple as offering a listening ear, giving advice, or physically assisting with a task. It's important to communicate and ask the person what kind of help they need and respect their boundaries.