Exploring the Inverse of ln(x^2)

• Thread starter ludi_srbin
  • Start date
In summary, the function f(x) = e^cosx has an infinite number of axes of symmetry at n pi. The inverse of the function ln(x^2 - 20) is sqrt(exp(x) + 20), with restrictions on the domain and range.
ludi_srbin
f(x)=e^cosx

equation for the axis of symmetry?
I got x=pi

f(x)=ln(x^2 - 20)

describe symmetry??

I got symmetric arround y axis.

inverse??

I got y=sqr of ((x/ln) +20)

f(x)=ln(x^2)

Inverse?

I got y= sqr of (x/ln)

Physics news on Phys.org
Since cos x is a repeating function, it has an infinite number of axes of symmetry. They occur at n pi. Something similar needs to be done for exp(cos x).

For the others, you seem to be using "ln" as a variable of some sort. Remember that ln x is a function, with inverse exp(x). You might want to look at those again.

So for others I just change ln to exp?

So I get f(x)^-1=e^(X^2-20)

and

f(x)^-1=e^x^2

Let me take one of them. You should be able to do the rest.

y = ln(x^2 - 20)

exp(y) = x^2 - 20

x^2 = exp(y) + 20

x = sqrt(exp(y) + 20)

So, f^-1(x) = sqrt(exp(x) + 20)

Note that there are restrictions on the domain and range - these would correspond to the restrictions on the range and domain of the original function.

Does that help?

It does.

Thank you so much. :smile:

1. What does "check this" mean in a scientific context?

"Check this" typically means to review or examine something for accuracy or validity. In a scientific context, it would involve thoroughly evaluating experimental methods, data, and results to ensure they are reliable and support the stated conclusions.

2. Why is it important to have someone else check your work in science?

In science, it is crucial to have your work checked by others to ensure objectivity and eliminate any potential bias. It also helps to catch any errors or mistakes that may have been overlooked, leading to more accurate and reliable results.

3. Who should I ask to check my work in science?

It is best to ask someone who is knowledgeable in the same field of study as you. This could be a fellow researcher, a mentor, or a peer with expertise in the subject matter.

4. What should I include when asking someone to check my work in science?

When asking someone to check your work in science, it is essential to provide all relevant information, such as your research question, methods, data, and results. This will allow the person to thoroughly review and provide feedback on your work.

5. How can I improve my work based on someone else's feedback?

It is essential to carefully consider the feedback given by the person who checked your work and make any necessary revisions or improvements. This could involve conducting additional experiments, re-analyzing data, or adjusting your conclusions based on the feedback received.