Happy Christmas Wishes: Jan 7th

• Thread starter Serbian.matematika
  • Start date
In summary: I am so excited for the new year! :DIn summary, on the 7th Orthodox Christians celebrated Christmas. Other Churches celebrate the holiday on 25 December. Christmas is a time to celebrate with family and friends.
Serbian.matematika
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO MEEEEE, January 7th!

Physics news on Phys.org
The 7th is Christmas for you?

On 7 January, Orthodox Christians in Central and Eastern Europe and throughout the world celebrated Christmas. Christians of the Russian and Serbian Churches as well as the monks of Mount Athos in Greece celebrate Christmas according to the old Julian calendar. Other Churches, including those of Greece and Bulgaria, have switched to the Gregorian calendar and celebrate the holiday 13 days earlier, on 25 December.
http://www.ce-review.org/01/2/pozun2.html

Ah... That's interesting.

An early Merry Christmas to you then Serbian.matematika.

A very merry Christmas to you!

Oh thank you, thank you everybody, it is very welcome this time of year when I am suppose to celebrate but I have no one so close to be with:!)

I was planning to wait until Jan. 7, but in advance,

Сретан Божић и Сретна Нова Година

или

Срећан Божић и Срећна Нова Година

and in honor of the day

Cвa људскa бићa рaђajу сe слoбoднa и jeднaкa у дoстojaнству и прaвимa. Oнa су oбдaрeнa рaзумoм и свeшћу и трeбa jeдни прeмa другимa дa пoступajу у духу брaтствa!

Astronuc, it is so nice from you:blushing:

Serbian.matematika, Христос се роди :smile:

Merry Christmas to You!

(Happy Birthday to Meeeee)

:biggrin: I'm so happy everyone remembered my Christmas!:blushing:
Tonight there is a massive party for Christmas at the Serbian church, lots of Slavic people from Southern Ontario Canada come to this event and we all dance! It will last until Sunday morning.

Astronuc- ur amazing with your cyrillic font! I just love you! :!)

*****There will be lots of Vodka tonight!:wink:

Now that it actually is the 7th, Merry Christmas! Unlike Astro, I can contain my enthusiasm until the appointed date. :tongue:

Serbian.matematika said:
Astronuc- ur amazing with your cyrillic font! I just love you! :!)
Мoлим, Српска.Mатематетика

Serbian.matematika said:
*****There will be lots of Vodka tonight!:wink:
I hope you didn't overdo it. :cool:

Last edited:
Thank you very much. No, I did not over do it bcs I have classes tomorrow.

1. What is the significance of celebrating Christmas on January 7th?

January 7th is the date when many Eastern Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas. This date is based on the Julian calendar, which was used before the Gregorian calendar was introduced. It is also known as the Feast of the Nativity or the Feast of the Incarnation.

2. What are some traditional ways to wish someone a happy Christmas on January 7th?

In many Eastern Orthodox countries, it is common to wish someone a "Christ is born!" or "Christ is born, glorify Him!" on January 7th. Other traditional greetings include "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Nativity."

3. Are there any specific traditions or customs associated with celebrating Christmas on January 7th?

Yes, there are several unique traditions and customs associated with celebrating Christmas on January 7th. These may include attending special church services, fasting for the days leading up to Christmas, exchanging gifts, and preparing traditional dishes such as kutia and pirozhki.

4. Why do some countries celebrate Christmas on January 7th while others celebrate it on December 25th?

The difference in dates is mainly due to the use of different calendars. The Eastern Orthodox Church uses the Julian calendar, while the Western Christian Church uses the Gregorian calendar. This results in a 13-day difference in dates for celebrating Christmas.

5. Can people of different religions or backgrounds also celebrate Happy Christmas on January 7th?

Yes, anyone can celebrate Happy Christmas on January 7th. While it is traditionally a Christian holiday, it has become a cultural celebration in many countries. People of all backgrounds can come together to celebrate the spirit of love, joy, and giving on this day.