Welcome to the Forum: A Place to Have Life's Questions Explained by Scientists

• Thread starter sherlock ohms
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a new member introducing themselves to the forum and expressing their excitement about joining a community where they can learn and ask questions. The other members welcome them and joke about clever names related to science.
sherlock ohms
Hello all, fresh no0b to the site here. I glanced over the forum, but was unable to locate an intro thread. Undeterred, i chose to create my own.. so hi, thanks for having me, and may i say i love what you've done with the curtains..:approve:..
On a (slightly) less clownish level, this looks like a great place to have life's little/big questions explained and i look forward to bothering the 'wise ones'..

cheers 'n' all that..
'Drew.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

I really like the name.

Welcome to PF, Mr. Ohms.

Clever name.

Another good one would be "Ohm on the range".

Don't suppose there's a member with the name Dr_Wattson?

sherlock ohms said:
Hello all, fresh no0b to the site here. I glanced over the forum, but was unable to locate an intro thread. Undeterred, i chose to create my own.. so hi, thanks for having me, and may i say i love what you've done with the curtains..:approve:..
On a (slightly) less clownish level, this looks like a great place to have life's little/big questions explained and i look forward to bothering the 'wise ones'..

cheers 'n' all that..
'Drew.

Great, you'll love it here - the 'wise ones' come here specifically to be pestered! Welcome to PF :smile:!

Welcome.I like this fellow. Hope 2 c u round mate.

1. What does "Couldn't find the front door" mean?

"Couldn't find the front door" is a phrase commonly used to express difficulty or confusion in finding the entrance or access point to a building or location.

2. Why is it important to find the front door?

Finding the front door is important because it is usually the designated entrance and exit point of a building or location. It allows for efficient navigation and access to the designated destination.

3. Can't I just use any entrance?

In most cases, using any entrance other than the front door may lead to confusion, inconvenience, or even restricted access. It is best to locate and use the designated front door to avoid any potential issues.

4. What should I do if I can't find the front door?

If you are having trouble finding the front door, it is best to look for signs or ask for directions from someone who is familiar with the building or location. If all else fails, contacting the owner or manager for assistance may be helpful.

5. Is there a scientific explanation for why people have trouble finding the front door?

There is no specific scientific explanation for why people may have trouble finding the front door. It could be due to factors such as poor signage, unfamiliarity with the location, or simply not paying attention. However, studies have shown that people tend to have a better sense of direction when they are more physically active and engaged in their surroundings.