1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coulombs Law and Electric Charges

1. Jan 16, 2005 #1
    Likewise, this similar problem also has me stumped
    A charge of 7.00 mC is placed at each corner of a square 0.80 m on a side. Determine the magnitude of the force on each charge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 16, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

OMG,this is funny... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you know what an equilateral triangle is???

Daniel.

4. Jan 16, 2005 #3
    I'm insulted.

Yes, I know what an equilateral triangle is. It has three sides of equal length, and all three angles are 60 degrees. As I stated, I found the net force on two of the points, but Q(1) is giving me issues. Obviously the way I'm trying is wrong, so I'd like help, thank you.

5. Jan 16, 2005 #4

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You deleted the problem.Anyway,since you know what a equilateral triangle is,u might use the fact that the problem is symmetric (actually the geometry) so the directions of the forces are equivalent.If the charges were all 3 equal,then the problem would b solved if u managed to find the net foce acting only on one angle,since on the other two is practically the same,in modulus,of course.

Daniel.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?