Council of Europe Motion

• News
  • Thread starter Studiot
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

I actually learned of the motion from a BBC radio broadcast, which I obviously can't post.

I simply posted a site I found that contained a summary and lots of links to the proposal. Since time was short I thought it would allow anyone interested to follow it up more closely.

Sorry if this is a problem. No-one here seem particularly bothered though.

Evo
Mentor
I actually learned of the motion from a BBC radio broadcast, which I obviously can't post.

I simply posted a site I found that contained a summary and lots of links to the proposal. Since time was short I thought it would allow anyone interested to follow it up more closely.

Sorry if this is a problem. No-one here seem particularly bothered though.
Ah, no problem. I would like to read the original article since these people seem to be going against rational scientific information.

I didn't say I agreed with it, I just wanted to publicise yet another beaurocratic idiocy, foisted on us (at our expense) by Eurocrats.

Borek
Mentor
http://assembly.coe.int/ASP/NewsManager/EMB_NewsManagerView.asp?ID=6685

Risk of head tumours... I wonder if this resolution is not too late for some. "We cannot assess the risk" is in this context equivalent to "risk is so low we have problem filtering it from the background noise" - at least that's my understanding of the situation, if after many years of research there is still no clear answer. So in a way this is equivalent to "we cannot assess the risk of wolverines attacks, so we need to build higher fences".

http://assembly.coe.int/ASP/NewsManager/EMB_NewsManagerView.asp?ID=6685

Risk of head tumours... I wonder if this resolution is not too late for some. "We cannot assess the risk" is in this context equivalent to "risk is so low we have problem filtering it from the background noise" - at least that's my understanding of the situation, if after many years of research there is still no clear answer. So in a way this is equivalent to "we cannot assess the risk of wolverines attacks, so we need to build higher fences".
Restricting cell phone usage in a classroom is one discussion - IMO a good idea. However, restricting wi-fi seems like a very slippery slope?

Borek
Mentor
Restricting cell phone usage in a classroom is one discussion - IMO a good idea.
No discussion for me - classroom should be mobile free zone, and not because of the health issues.