Counting, kinda

• Thread starter JonF
  • Start date
or is it factorial(100) ?

could we think of each entry as a 6 digit number, use bao_ho method, then count the number of characters and subtract 3?

JonF said:
Here and stat question I can’t seem to get, probably because I’ve never taken a stats class so any suggestions would be welcome.

If there is a digital safe, that takes 3 inputs from 00-99. How many numbers would you have to enter to try every possible combination. But here is the catch; there are no break points.

So for example if you entered 23,75,01,28,52 you would have entered the combinations: 23,75,01 and 75,01,28 and 01,28,52.

I have no clue how to do this.
Is repitition allowed? For example could I enter 00,00,00 for the first three numbers?

JonF said:
could we think of each entry as a 6 digit number, use bao_ho method, then count the number of characters and subtract 3?
come again?

bao_ho: Another way to think of the input is as a 6 digit number, so if you generated a list like yours and you entered all the numbers on it that would give you all possible combos with out any repeats. I don’t know why I was thinking of subtracting 3 last night. So the total number of numbers you would have to enter is the numbers that algorithm would generated for a 6 digit number?

Townsend:repitition is allowed