1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Couple of Quick Questions

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1
    Ok so I recently took a sceience test, and it was a disaster, but he's giving us the chance to retake it. The first time through, the only thing that saved my grade was my "creative" answers (my definition for farad was: "Farad Hazim was the first Arabian telemarketer to eat his own head in 1916" which shows how much I know about physics)

Anyway I have a few questions that I can't seem to find on google or anywhere.

I need... The definition of simple and major atomic, the amount of amperage/voltage/ and wattage in a house. And how Atomic energy works. I also need to draw an open circuit using either schematic symbols or drawings, but I'm not sure how you could give me that over the internet.

And by the way, I am allowed to get this off the internet so you aren't helping me cheat :tongue2:
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think I'll move this to homework help... although I don't really see what you are really asking.

Your teacher has a great sense of humor, BTW, you're lucky :biggrin:
  4. Nov 16, 2005 #3

Staff: Mentor

LOL. I can't tell if this is a joke, but whatever. I'll try to contribute some:

-- Major and Minor atomic -- never heard of it. Maybe comic book characters?

-- House AC Mains voltage/power/amperage -- In the US, the power feed is a combination of 120VAC and 240VAC. The breaker box usually has 20A breakers for each branch, and there will be some number of breakers. I think a typical house gets 100A or 200A service. Multiply 240VAC by 100A or 200A to get the available power for each house. Goto pge.com or some other power company for more info, or try searchin at Howstuffworks.com about how electrical power is distributed.

-- Open circuit diagram -- A battery that is not connected to anything is an open circuit voltage source.
  5. Nov 20, 2005 #4
    Well, Simple and Major Atomic aren't comic book heroes, they are 2 of the 4 natural forces (Electromagnetism, Simple Atomic, Major Atomic, and Gravitational) but I still don't know how to define them.... anyway your answers sadly came about 42 minutes too late for me to see them. Thanks for trying anyway though.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?