Quick Questions: Science Test Retake Tips and Help

• Thread starter mrlobster@g-unit.com
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Couple
In summary, the conversation involves the speaker discussing their upcoming retake of a science test and asking for help with various concepts related to electricity and atomic energy. The other person responds with some humorous but not very helpful information about the requested topics.
mrlobster@g-unit.com
Ok so I recently took a sceience test, and it was a disaster, but he's giving us the chance to retake it. The first time through, the only thing that saved my grade was my "creative" answers (my definition for farad was: "Farad Hazim was the first Arabian telemarketer to eat his own head in 1916" which shows how much I know about physics)

Anyway I have a few questions that I can't seem to find on google or anywhere.

I need... The definition of simple and major atomic, the amount of amperage/voltage/ and wattage in a house. And how Atomic energy works. I also need to draw an open circuit using either schematic symbols or drawings, but I'm not sure how you could give me that over the internet.

And by the way, I am allowed to get this off the internet so you aren't helping me cheat :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I'll move this to homework help... although I don't really see what you are really asking.

Your teacher has a great sense of humor, BTW, you're lucky :biggrin:

mrlobster@g-unit.com said:
I need... The definition of simple and major atomic, the amount of amperage/voltage/ and wattage in a house. And how Atomic energy works. I also need to draw an open circuit using either schematic symbols or drawings, but I'm not sure how you could give me that over the internet.
And by the way, I am allowed to get this off the internet so you aren't helping me cheat :tongue2:
LOL. I can't tell if this is a joke, but whatever. I'll try to contribute some:

-- Major and Minor atomic -- never heard of it. Maybe comic book characters?

-- House AC Mains voltage/power/amperage -- In the US, the power feed is a combination of 120VAC and 240VAC. The breaker box usually has 20A breakers for each branch, and there will be some number of breakers. I think a typical house gets 100A or 200A service. Multiply 240VAC by 100A or 200A to get the available power for each house. Goto pge.com or some other power company for more info, or try searchin at Howstuffworks.com about how electrical power is distributed.

-- Open circuit diagram -- A battery that is not connected to anything is an open circuit voltage source.

Well, Simple and Major Atomic aren't comic book heroes, they are 2 of the 4 natural forces (Electromagnetism, Simple Atomic, Major Atomic, and Gravitational) but I still don't know how to define them... anyway your answers sadly came about 42 minutes too late for me to see them. Thanks for trying anyway though.

1. What is the purpose of "Couple of Quick Questions"?

The purpose of "Couple of Quick Questions" is to gather information or clarify certain points in a quick and efficient manner.

2. How many questions can be asked in "Couple of Quick Questions"?

The number of questions that can be asked in "Couple of Quick Questions" is typically limited to a small number, usually 2-5.

3. Can "Couple of Quick Questions" be used for research purposes?

Yes, "Couple of Quick Questions" can be used for research purposes as it provides a convenient way to gather data from a large number of people in a short amount of time.

4. Are there any specific rules or guidelines for asking questions in "Couple of Quick Questions"?

There are no specific rules or guidelines for asking questions in "Couple of Quick Questions", but it is recommended to keep the questions short and to the point for better response rates.

5. Is "Couple of Quick Questions" a reliable method of gathering information?

Yes, "Couple of Quick Questions" can be a reliable method of gathering information as long as the questions are well-designed and the sample size is representative of the target population.