1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Couple problem

1. Feb 8, 2004 #1
    a landscaper tries to plumb a tree by applying a 240 N forces. two helpers attempt to plumb the same tree with one pulling at point b and the other pushing with a parallel force at point c. determine these two forces so they are equivalent to the single 240 N force. the force is at point A. it is coming in at a 30 deg angle. this force is on the right. the entire tree is leaning to the right 20 deg. point b is .35 m above point a. point C is .25 m below point A. im getting some answers but they arent right. what do i do??
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2004 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Show us what you did, and then we can help. Specifically, it would help if you write the force vectors in i, j form, because I for one am getting a fuzzy picture from your verbal description.
  4. Feb 10, 2004 #3
    if you have access to a digital camera you can take a picture of it and then host it online. i usually do this because it is hard to decipher what is going on without a picture.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?