Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coupled pendulum

1. Oct 20, 2003 #1

LLT

any good website suggested on coupled pendulum?
    I have to do an investigation and I'm going to investigate simple pendulum (which is easy) than physical pendulum (just some calculation of mass as stuff) and than finally come into coupled pendulum. And I don't actually know much on coupled pendulum, but it looks fun. I need some information and stuff for it.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2003 #2
    The thread title caught my attention because I've never heard of a coupled pendulum. Checking quickly in a book on mechanics I find the terms "Compound Pendulum" and "Coupled Oscillators" but no "Coupled Pendulums".

It could be, therefore, that an exact description of the situation you're talking about, whatever it's called, will clarify where people should reccomend you look for more detailed info.

4. Oct 26, 2003 #3

krab

Science Advisor

Here's a link.

5. Oct 26, 2003 #4
    when you mean a coupled pendulum do you mean that they are parallel to each other and dont meet?

if so and given a difference in time in their movemnet they will never cross each other.

6. Nov 6, 2003 #5
    am i right or wrong?

7. Nov 7, 2003 #6
    You have two pendulum connected in series. It's not a difficult problem to solve.

JMD

8. Nov 15, 2003 #7
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  9. Nov 17, 2003 #8

LLT

what i meant was 2 pendulums are of the same mass and of the same level and they are attached by a string... That's good... Thanks for all the help...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?