Course advice for an enthusiast

It provides a good foundation for learning about quantum physics and astronomy. EDX also offers courses on these topics, but it may be beneficial to start with a more basic course before diving into more advanced topics. Overall, finding a good starting point and building a strong foundation is important for learning about these subjects.
Craig Dunn
Hey all,

firstly let me give some background, i`m a Cloud Computing Engineer and have been in the I.T. industry for the past 20 years since I left university.

I have always had an interest in science and astronomy (My dad was a keen amateur astronomer) but never really taken it very seriously. Recently though quite by chance I found my old 'Brief history of time' book and re-read it, and found its re-ignited my interest in science and astronomy. I`m currently reading Stardust by John Gribbin, and have found a new excitement for science.

I would really love to take a course in Physics looking at Quantum Physics and Astronomy, I have had a look at EDX but I think I should start from the basics and build my way up with a good foundation and a good path of progression and to be honest not sure if any of their courses actually fit the bill.

Can anyone suggest a good starting point? to actually start learning.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What courses should I take to become an enthusiast in a specific field?

The courses you should take depend on the field you are interested in. It is important to research and understand the core concepts and skills required in that field. You can also consult with experts or professionals in that field for their recommendations on specific courses.

2. How many courses should I take to become an enthusiast?

The number of courses you should take depends on your level of interest and dedication. It is recommended to take a few introductory courses to gain a basic understanding of the field, and then take more advanced courses to deepen your knowledge and skills.

3. Can I become an enthusiast without taking any courses?

While taking courses can greatly enhance your knowledge and skills in a particular field, it is possible to become an enthusiast without taking any courses. You can self-study, attend workshops or seminars, and engage in hands-on experiences to gain knowledge and expertise in a field.

4. Are online courses a good option for becoming an enthusiast?

Online courses can be a great option for becoming an enthusiast as they offer flexibility and convenience. However, it is important to carefully research the credibility and quality of the course and the institution offering it before enrolling.

5. How can I balance taking courses and other commitments while pursuing my enthusiasm?

Balancing courses and other commitments can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set realistic goals and create a schedule that allows you to dedicate time to your courses while also fulfilling your other commitments. It is also important to take breaks and avoid burnout.