Duke University Lessons for 17yo Student: Maths, Physics, CS & More

• Thread starter Kostas Tzim
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a 17-year-old student who has started taking an Introduction to Astronomy class on Coursera and is looking for recommendations for interesting lessons in mathematics, physics, computer science, logic, and foundations of mathematics. They are interested in both self-paced and structured lessons, but have limited free time due to school obligations and extracurricular activities. One suggestion is Leonard Susskind's "Theoretical Minimum" lecture series.
Kostas Tzim
Hello, I am a student nearly 17 years old, i have recently started doing my first class in coursera Introduction to astronomy from Duke university. Do you guys have some interesting lessons to start later? I am intersting in mathematics, physics and computer science, logic and foundations of mathematics. Any suggestions would be interesting. I don't care if the lesson is self paced or not.However i don't have much free time left to do what i want due to school obligations and extracurricular lessons :( i just want to learn some cool stuff that will help me later with my university studies, enrich my CV and generally speaking make me "complete"

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you Adrian ;) it seems pretty interesting!...If you guys have anything else let me know :)

1. What subjects are offered in the Duke University Lessons for 17-year-old students?

The Duke University Lessons for 17-year-old students offer a range of subjects including Maths, Physics, Computer Science, and more.

2. Are these lessons suitable for high school students?

Yes, these lessons are specifically designed for high school students who are looking to expand their knowledge and skills in Maths, Physics, and Computer Science.

3. How long are the lessons and how often are they held?

The length and frequency of the lessons may vary, but on average, each lesson is about 1-2 hours long and they are typically held once or twice a week.

4. Are these lessons taught by qualified instructors?

Yes, all lessons are taught by highly qualified and experienced instructors who are experts in their respective fields.

5. How can I enroll in these lessons?

You can enroll in these lessons by contacting the Duke University Continuing Studies office or by visiting their website and following the enrollment instructions.