1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coursework ideas?

1. Mar 10, 2007 #1
    Coursework ideas??

Hi everyone,

For my AS physics coursework we have been given some data for a vertically bouncing ball (i.e. distance and time) and I was wondering if anyone could think of anything remotely interesting to do with it??

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2007 #2
    Ideas for calculations to perform on the data you have? or ideas for an experiment involving a vertically bouncing ball?

Seems pretty limited to me, is this an individual project or group work? Theres a few things you could calculate with the data, however it does depend on how precise/accurate the data given is.

4. Mar 10, 2007 #3
    ive got to perform some calculations on data weve been given about a bouncing ball. the problem is i cant think of anything interesting to try and calculate (acceleration due to gravity and loss of energy on each bounce being about all i can think of).

5. Mar 10, 2007 #4

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What sort of data is it? Are there lots of different experiments with the ball dropped from different heights. If so, what else is measured?-- Time to stop bouncing perhaps.

You'll have to give more information for someone to be able to think of something!

6. Mar 10, 2007 #5
    It really is just one set of data from one experiment showing the height of the ball at various times (just over 5 seconds which relates to about 8 bounces of the ball).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?