1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coursework - laws?

1. May 5, 2005 #1
    Hello: I'm new here and I'm actually from the UK, but hey :biggrin:. I'm currently writing a piece of coursework on the motion of a trolley down a slope, and I was just wondering whether there was a law that states that an increase in the height from which an object is dropped positively correlates with the velocity of the object as it falls.

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2005 #2
    an increase in the height from which an object is dropped positively correlates with the final velocity of the object as it falls.

It has more time to fall, so it will hit at a greater speed. There isnt a law that states this, but it follows from the mechanics of constant acceleration. You might want to note something about air resistance and terminal velocity.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?