Coversation starters awkward silence

• Thread starter photon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about dealing with awkward silences when talking to a girl. Various suggestions are given, such as complimenting her, asking open-ended questions, or using Altoids as a conversation starter. Some individuals admit to still experiencing awkward silences, while others share their strategies for avoiding them.
Apologies, native speakers! :rolleyes:
Will simply to summerize last 3 thingy's up: That girl who i am going out with is now in another country from the one that i am in now..in the phone calls, there is not that much "lines" to speak..since it almost the same Q's and simialr A's as replies [How thingy's going? how is Uni? friend? Bla Bla Bla] The second voice advising if "not calling" for a period of time..but i think this will not help me, it might make thigny's even much worse...

Simply: Good pick-lines on the phone? With somebody you are seeing him now just in X-mas and summer holiday? I do not want to have boring conversions about "over talked" classical speeches on the phones..

Hope is it clear? [I am in a valley...and you are in another valley..i mean it in the best possible way :smile: ]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Move on and at the same time keep in touch.

You would develop a much stronger relationship if you guys decided to meet up again.

By holding on this lame relationship (no offense), you are giving the image that you are worth **** and that you couldn't pick up **** in the country where you are. If I were dead ugly, I would hold on too, but I don't want to give the impression that I know I'm dead ugly or what not.

I am not saying you are ugly, but just simply stating the impression you MIGHT be giving.

If I were you, I'd split and have plans to meet up again. DON'T tell her about the plans. The next time you meet, the two of you will be all refreshed around each other rather than meeting up after 3 years of awkward telephone calls trying to keep it together. By no doubt, keep calling her for 3 years but open the doors for freedom and a better start in 3 years. This is your only shot at keeping her.

I'd suggest kidnapping her and keeping her in the basement. Only feed her if she's nice to you and you can see her whenever you like.

Haven't heard from Photon in a while. Hope that's a GOOD thing!

tribdog said:
I'd suggest kidnapping her and keeping her in the basement. Only feed her if she's nice to you and you can see her whenever you like.

Sounds like what me and Jimmy need to do.

Mmmm...
I have just read what you said JasonRex, and it make sense to me "at least until now.." well, even for me i found it really hard to come back after seeing her with other guys [or i might be feeling this now because she is with me now]
Well, it's not 3 years on the phone...its seeing each other twice each year for oart of christmas and summer holiday [Well, my family is living in the middle east now [Egypt] thus have to pass through Europe]...I can't say to her just "we are far a part...thus let's split" ... i found in the college now two girls who area "really my type" and they sounds interested but in different levels i guess...but still i cannot concetrate on more than one..even its far away...I know that she really knows i can get ones here [she knows from the high school we were since two 2 years]..and i really know that she can got some there..if she is not faithful...but thanks for giving me some realistic bases and "launching" points to re-see the whole picture..really thank you..

Tribdog...well girls are not "thingys" that some use for fun, at least in my definition...I think and i am sure that I am right that girls are HUMANS i.e. not dogs we speak about to keep in basemants...unless X creature [dog?] is going out with dogs...and this is a diferent story :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

tribdog said:

You'd be suprised how hard this is. I don't have a basement. If I want to see a girl all the time, I get a pair of binoculars and sit in a comfortable tree.

jimmy p said:
You'd be suprised how hard this is. I don't have a basement. If I want to see a girl all the time, I get a pair of binoculars and sit in a comfortable tree.

Make sure they are good quality binoculars. I can't tell you how hard it is to do this with some cheap ones. Maybe one with the digital camera on it would be good, too.

Hahaha..I will never do it, even if the girl make herself "Free exhibition" to all people...

There not something to see..if i do not really like her...why should i "look" at her without her "permission"
Still..i am trying to imgine how a person is watching by binoculars...hahaha :rofl:

Well I originally tried setting up my own satellite, but you don't get as a satisfactory view with infra-red.

maybe not, but you get a better idea of how hot they are.

tribdog said:
maybe not, but you get a better idea of how hot they are.

That can work both ways then. The only problem with owning satellites is you get the urge to blast away whole cities with the Ion gun strapped to the side of it. Well I do anyway.

I'll just stick with mirrors on the toe caps of my shoes.