Cowboys: Still Men, Still Ready to Conquer New Frontiers

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, the video shows that cowboys are male as ever and eager to conquer new frontiers. Some of the cowboys look hot, but others are clumsy and seem to avoid getting arrested by dressing like skaters instead of cowboy bar patrons.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Take heart, ladies!

Despite persistent rumours to the contrary, this video shows that cowboys are male as ever and eager to conquer new frontiers:

[MEDIA=youtube]fAjtW2DqwSI[/MEDIA][/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just the name of the link makes me doubt it:

youtube...nasty

Cowboys on ice...

rachmaninoff2 said:
Cowboys on ice...
It's quite daring of them. They could have broken their backs very easily, for example..

Well, with some of those moves at the beginning, I'm still not convinced they're going to be of any use to me, but I sure enjoy watching anyway! :!) I really have to say that blue jeans and t-shirts are a whole lot sexier than those sequined spandex things skaters usually wear. I could watch these guys all day. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I could watch these guys all day. :biggrin:
I thought you might. :smile:
I've seen the clip 3 times already..

Do women think these men to be attractive? This just weird..

kant said:
A couple of them look hot. :blushing:

kant said:
Very! Of course, if they were wearing cowboy boots instead of skates, and out on a dance floor in a bar rather than a skating rink, it would be even more attractive, but we can't be too picky, right? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Very! Of course, if they were wearing cowboy boots instead of skates, and out on a dance floor in a bar rather than a skating rink, it would be even more attractive, but we can't be too picky, right? :biggrin:
Obviously you've never seen real kickers in a REAL country western bar. It's an ugly sight, you don't see guys like this. Real kickers (cowboys) have deformed, bowed legs, beer bellies hanging over the top of their jeans, 5,000 keys hanging in a huge wad off their belt, belt buckles the size of dinner plates and have a long neck beer sticking out of their back pocket.

Evo said:
Obviously you've never seen real kickers in a REAL country western bar. It's an ugly sight, you don't see guys like this. Real kickers (cowboys) have deformed, bowed legs, beer bellies hanging over the top of their jeans, 5,000 keys hanging in a huge wad off their belt, belt buckles the size of dinner plates and have a long neck beer sticking out of their back pocket.
Oh, I've seen them too, but I was referring specifically to these guys, not the typical cowboy bar patrons. Then again, with that crazy new law in Texas, the cowboys might be hanging around the skating rinks more than the bars to avoid getting arrested while tying one on. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Oh, I've seen them too, but I was referring specifically to these guys, not the typical cowboy bar patrons. Then again, with that crazy new law in Texas, the cowboys might be hanging around the skating rinks more than the bars to avoid getting arrested while tying one on. :rofl:
Yeah, I read about that. Good idea.

This for some reason keeps putting in mind the song by Big & Rich, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy." Can't imagine why that song keeps coming to mind as I watch this video. o:)

Why does it say "Brokeback on Ice" all over it?

dduardo said:
Why does it say "Brokeback on Ice" all over it?
Sure, you couldn't just let me pretend for a little longer that guys that hot could be straight, could you? :grumpy:

Moonbear, I'm sorry, what do you call the following image? I don't think it could be any more obvious.

Attachments

• cowboy.gif
    cowboy.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
dduardo said:
Moonbear, I'm sorry, what do you call the following image? I don't think it could be any more obvious.
I know, that's the move I referred to in my first post. But, maybe it's just the two of them, and the rest are straight? :frown: A couple of them looked a bit clumsy on a few of the kicks, so maybe there's some hope? How come all the really cute guys turn out to be gay? :cry: Maybe I should just start up a gay matchmaking service...I can pair up all the guys I'm attracted to and at least make some money to afford clothes for the cats I'm going to have to get to be a good spinster.

This one is also quite amusing..
[MEDIA=youtube]8uwuLxrv8jY[/MEDIA][/URL]

I saw this one not to long ago on Mind of Mencia:

Wetback Mountain:

[MEDIA=youtube]qXnfft8RFtI[/MEDIA]&search=mencia%20brokeback[/URL]

dduardo said:
Actually, several of these guys are allegedly married; david pelletier for example, is married to jamie sale, the woman introducing the show.
(The others are todd sand, john zimmermann, gorsha sur, kurt browning, alexei yegudin and steven something).

Not that marital status means a lot, but..

arildno, the fact that you know their names has me concerned.

The names stand on the page where the video is..

arildno said:
The names stand on the page where the video is..
You actually read the rest of the page? I was busy salivating over the video. But, it's not much better if they're married, now is it? :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
You actually read the rest of the page? I was busy salivating over the video.
I became dry-mouthed in the end, so I had to do something else.

kant said:
I really can't tell but King Elvis (in the background) still the hottest.:approve: :biggrin:

What is the purpose of studying cowboys?

The purpose of studying cowboys is to understand the history, culture, and impact of the cowboy lifestyle on the development of the American West. It also allows us to gain insights into the values, beliefs, and behaviors of this unique group of people.

How did the cowboy lifestyle evolve over time?

The cowboy lifestyle evolved from the Spanish vaqueros who brought their cattle herding skills to Mexico and the southwestern United States in the 16th century. As the demand for beef increased in the mid-19th century, cowboys became essential in driving cattle from ranches to railheads for transportation to eastern markets.

What are some common misconceptions about cowboys?

Some common misconceptions about cowboys include that they were all white, male, and rough and tough loners. In reality, cowboys came from diverse backgrounds, including Native American, African American, and Mexican heritage. They often worked in teams and relied on strong social bonds for survival in the Wild West.

What did cowboys do in their spare time?

In their spare time, cowboys engaged in a variety of activities such as playing cards, singing and playing musical instruments, and participating in rodeos and other competitions. They also enjoyed socializing with other cowboys and visiting nearby towns for entertainment.

What is the legacy of cowboys in modern times?

The legacy of cowboys can be seen in the continued romanticization of the cowboy lifestyle in popular culture, as well as the influence of cowboy fashion and language in modern society. The cowboy image also symbolizes the American ideals of rugged individualism, hard work, and freedom.