Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Crash your IE

1. Jan 26, 2007 #1

-Job-

Science Advisor

At work i accidently created some Javascript that crashes Internet Explorer 6 & 7. I decided to put it on a page so that anyone can crash their IE by clicking a button. It's interesting because it doesn't use an infinite loop or anything like that, it's just a straight crash.
    http://www.bloo.us/crash.htm

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2007 #2
    This does nothing to the latest Internet Explorer 7, at least for me.

4. Jan 27, 2007 #3

-Job-

Science Advisor

Mmm, i can't crash IE7SP2. SP2 is actually pretty hard to crash, it seems.

5. Jan 28, 2007 #4
    I suppose that's good for Microsoft then. Lots of people criticize the company for ignoring the mistakes they made in their products when new releases come out.

6. Jan 28, 2007 #5
    Hmm. Very cool. :smile:

7. Jan 28, 2007 #6
    Be careful about using the 'Powered by Microsoft' graphic on a website not maintained or owned by above corporation.

8. Feb 15, 2007 #7

rdx

Thanks I like it

Would anyone know why IE hang when used with LAMP stuff? (LAMP, for anyone unfamiliar, is Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP based apps) I have random problems which always seem to involve IE but can crash other apps too. Joomla is good at it, on exit or closing an admin page and MSIE goes into rigour.

9. Feb 15, 2007 #8

verty

Homework Helper

Rdx, whether IE crashes or not does not depend on using LAMP. The client code is entirely independent.

10. Feb 17, 2007 #9

rdx

There is a note in the docs of one package, phpAdmin or something that mentions a bug in MSIE that is provoked by Apache and PHP, or some such. I have had such crashes, hanging MSIE and crashing Linux and/or MySQL at the same time. Should I believe you or my own eyes? :)

11. Feb 17, 2007 #10

-Job-

Science Advisor

All the browser sees is Javascript & Html, so it doesn't really matter what you're using on the server side.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?