Is It Possible to Stop Crazy Stalkers on Mobiles?

• Thread starter aim1732
  • Start date
In summary, this person's sister is being harassed by a stranger, and they're not sure what to do about it. They think the police might not be able to do much, and they don't know if going to the police would be a good idea because of the cultural differences in India.
aim1732
Hello to everybody out there!
This is my first thread in the GD forum.Sadly I don't have a light topic to talk about.
Just about three days back my sister who is so close to me got an anonymous call,presumably a wrong number on her cell. But as many of us might have seen, that one call turned into a nightmare when the caller started sending her downright obscene messages and calling her again and again---about 20-25 times a day .She dodged her calls but messages? We have tried to threaten him and coax him but with little success. You can only do little about it --- my sister is the usual lively teen with hundreds of contacts and friends.I have forwarded all calls on her cell to mine but that has to be a temporary measure[I got his call an hour ago,he also called late last night]. I can not take her mobile away for no fault of hers.
Yes going to the police is an option but hey I live in India.I would got to the cops any day but the so called 'elders' wouldn't let me.Such is the mentality in India that people brush this aside as a light issue.My point is---what if he turns out to be some crazy psycho instead of the regular stalker.Anyways ideally these people should be caught and taught the lesson of their lives.
What amazes me is the impunity with which these people can conceal their identity.We commoners have no way to stop them, inspite of the technology being there.

Physics news on Phys.org
You could have the cell phone company block the number...

Having the number blocked would seem the best option. Not sure if they charge for that. Beyond that she could change her number.

I'm not sure the police can do all that much anyway depending on your laws. A proactive resolution would seem best.

Talk to your local police department. I had a friend who was being phone stalked last year. Drove her nuts! When she talked to the PD, their cyber crimes unit spun into action and caught the perp. He was charged and convicted.

Do they really do that? I mean I will have a hard time convincing them.

What is a "Crazy Stalker on mobiles"?

A "Crazy Stalker on mobiles" is someone who uses their mobile phone to stalk or harass someone else. This can include sending excessive and unwanted messages, making threatening phone calls, or using location tracking apps to monitor someone's movements.

What are the warning signs of a "Crazy Stalker on mobiles"?

Some warning signs of a "Crazy Stalker on mobiles" include receiving an excessive amount of calls or messages from someone you don't know, having your social media accounts flooded with messages from the same person, or receiving threatening or inappropriate messages from someone who you have had no previous contact with.

What should I do if I am being stalked on my mobile phone?

If you believe you are being stalked on your mobile phone, it is important to take action to protect yourself. This may include blocking the person's number, changing your phone number, or contacting the police. It is also important to keep a record of any harassing messages or calls as evidence.

How can I prevent becoming a victim of a "Crazy Stalker on mobiles"?

To prevent becoming a victim of a "Crazy Stalker on mobiles", it is important to be cautious about who you give your contact information to. Be mindful of the information you share on social media and limit the personal details you make public. If you do receive unwanted messages or calls, do not engage with the stalker and seek help from authorities.

Can a "Crazy Stalker on mobiles" be charged with a crime?

Yes, a "Crazy Stalker on mobiles" can be charged with a crime. Stalking is a serious offense and is punishable by law. If you are being stalked on your mobile phone, it is important to report it to the police and provide any evidence you have. The stalker may face charges such as harassment, cyberstalking, or even assault if their behavior escalates.