Creating a Class in C++ 2005: Debug Report Error Analysis

• Thread starter splac6996
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, the person is using Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 to create a new class, but when they try to build it, they get an error about a problem with matching an argument list. They are advised to check the debug report for more information and to post their code for further assistance.
splac6996
I am using C++ 2005 and trying to create a new class I believe I wrote my program correctly but when I gry to build I get an error back

here is my debug report

1> _Elem=char,
1> _Traits=std::char_traits<char>
1> ]
1> while trying to match the argument list '(std::eek:stream, void)'
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\DEWAND JONES\My Documents\CSCI 1020\HOMEWORK5.2\HOMEWORK5.2\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>HOMEWORK5.2 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

can some tell me what that error means?

Technology news on Phys.org
GCC is cool. Do you use linux at school?

Check

c:\Documents and Settings\DEWAND JONES\My Documents\CSCI 1020\HOMEWORK5.2\HOMEWORK5.2\Debug\BuildLog.htm

It might have more usefull information about your error.

There's no such thing as "C++ 2005". You're using the program "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005", which is an IDE and compiler for the C++ programming language.

Usually, people post their code but not their error message, in this case it's the opposite. Posting your code would help. (And the complete error message. You've missed out the very lines where it tell you what problem it have with the code.)

1. What is a class in C++ 2005?

A class in C++ 2005 is a user-defined data type that contains both data and functions. It serves as a blueprint for creating objects, which are instances of the class. Classes allow for the organization and encapsulation of data and functions, making code more modular and easier to maintain.

2. How do I create a class in C++ 2005?

To create a class in C++ 2005, you need to use the class keyword, followed by the name of the class and a set of curly braces. Inside the curly braces, you can define data members and member functions, which can then be accessed by objects of the class.

3. What is a debug report in C++ 2005?

A debug report in C++ 2005 is a tool used to identify and fix errors in a program's code. It provides information about the location and type of error, making it easier for developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues.

4. How do I analyze a debug report in C++ 2005?

To analyze a debug report in C++ 2005, you need to carefully examine the information provided and trace back the error to its source. This may involve checking for syntax errors, logic errors, or memory leaks. Once the error has been identified, it can be fixed and the code can be recompiled.

5. What are common errors found in a C++ 2005 debug report?

Common errors found in a C++ 2005 debug report include syntax errors, logic errors, and memory leaks. Syntax errors occur when the code does not follow the correct syntax or grammar of the language. Logic errors occur when the code does not produce the intended result due to a mistake in the algorithm or data flow. Memory leaks occur when a program does not properly manage memory, leading to a loss of available memory and potential crashes.