Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Creating CGNS file

1. Sep 6, 2009 #1
    Hello,

I have a little problem linking the CGNS libraries.

I tried linking the CGNS libraries with the compiler, but the same error shows, viz. "CG_OPEN_F is an undefined reference". I guess this has probably got to do with modifying the lib and include path or something like that.

Right now I am short of time and would really appreciate if someone who has the libraries installed can run my little code and send me the resulting CGNS file.

I have attached a zip file of the code(f95) and also a text file containing the data points which the code reads in.

Thanks,
    mocha

Or could someone tell me how I can fix the error? Its in Windows and am using Silverfrost Plato. I modified the paths at both places, i.e I did everything the ReadFile says.

am wondering why no one's replied. will it help if I give a C code?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2009 #2

minger

Science Advisor

I ran into a similar problem very recently. Our code writes out in plot3d/FAST format, e.g.
    Code (Text):

WRITE(11,*) num_Blocks
    WRITE(11,*) (ni(n),nj(n),nk(n),n=1,num_Blocks)
    DO n=1,num_Blocks
      WRITE(11,*) (((x(i,j,k,n),i=1,ni(n)),j=1,nj(n)),k=1,nk(n)),&
                   (((y(i,j,k,n),i=1,ni(n)),j=1,nj(n)),k=1,nk(n)),&
                   (((z(i,j,k,n),i=1,ni(n)),j=1,nj(n)),k=1,nk(n))
    END DO

I was lucky to have found a plot3d_to_cgns routine on the NASA GRC (IIRC) website. In fact, they have an entire CGNS utility package that you may want to take a look at. Do a google search and see if any of it can help.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook