Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Creating threads in pf app

Tags:
  1. Jun 22, 2016 #1
    I just got the physics forums app. I am logged in and am inside the desired forum but I cannot find any create thread button anywhere. I found a create new topic button, but it says I don't have the permission to create a topic inside this forum. I don't understand why as I am most definitely logged in.
    Someone help please.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2016 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Inside which forum you couldn't create a thread?

4. Jun 23, 2016 #3
    Introductory physics homework was what I tried first . But none of the others work either.

5. Jun 23, 2016 #4

Borek

No idea then (but I don't use the app). Some forums are limited (read only for most users), but intro HW should not be a problem.

We may have to wait for someone using the app, or for @Greg Bernhardt himself.

6. Jun 23, 2016 #5

mfb

2016 Award

You cannot create homework threads with the app. The homework template included there doesn't work together with the app. You can still use a browser to visit the website and create a thread via that.

7. Jun 23, 2016 #6
    Oh ok. I'll stick to the browser then. Sad.

8. Jun 24, 2016 #7
    Sorry for our limitations at the moment

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted