Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Creation Science Fair

1. Feb 12, 2004 #1

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

This brings a tear to the eye....

http://www.objective.jesussave.us/creationsciencefair.html

Containing such brilliant leaps of logic as:

"The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed only to sunlight, for three weeks. No life evolved. This shows that life cannot come from non-life through natural processes."
    and in the "Women Were Designed For Homemaking" stand:
    "social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay"

...OK, this is truly terrible. Jesus, save us from your followers....

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2004 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'd like to conduct some scientific research on the lenght of these people noses, they don't look further than it is long..

4. Feb 12, 2004 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

IAN! IAN !!
    I've got an experiment for you:

5. Feb 12, 2004 #4

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

This website is amazing

Make sure you all check out Dawkins Watch , a page dedicated to commenting on everything Richard Dawkins has done and is doing. Quite amusing.

and in the Evolutionism Propoganda page, linked to from the top of the 'Those Wacky Evolutionists' page you can find this snippet: "the truth has finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism"

*shudders*

6. Feb 12, 2004 #5

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Dinosaur Expedition

This page contains PHOToGRAPHIC evidence of the existence of Dinosaurs!!!!!!!!

"The superstitious porters became fearful, thinking that the Mokele-Mbembe had come to steal their souls or something of the like. My team and I, however, knew quite well that the Apatosaurus is a harmless herbivore and that it posed no physical danger (and certainly none to our souls, which we have entrusted to Christ)."

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  7. Feb 12, 2004 #6

ROFLMAO!

I love bananas. Perhaps I belong in the zoo?

8. Feb 12, 2004 #7

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wow. I did know God could creates antibiotic resistant bacteria. It must be what transformed my bacteria and not the plasmid.

It is too bad we do not see the data and the materials and method because we could just prove that the evolution migth exist.

I would like to read this experiment

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" - Paul Sanborn (grade 4)

9. Feb 12, 2004 #8

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And that was a first place winner!

and people wonder why I don't want creationism taught in science classrooms.

10. Feb 12, 2004 #9

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What? The theory doesn't say that a creature will evolve in a flash of light right before your eyes?
    (Actually, I'm curious to read this one too!)

11. Feb 12, 2004 #10

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If I very kindly ask to replace the intended insert into my plasmid, instead of the funky unidentified piece that is in it now.. would it work?

12. Feb 12, 2004 #11

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Guys... it's a joke.

- Warren

13. Feb 12, 2004 #12

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

It's a Joke? It's a very elaborate, well developed joke made to look incredibly real with a whole host of names and events included...

Admittedly though, when reading things like the following quote, it is hard think it isn't a joke... Is this really what fundamentalist christians concern themselves over?

"There have been some questions as of late on why we moved our web-site. As stated, it was due to our previous host's lack of strong condemnation of triclavianism. I would like to clarify this situation as I think it illustrates an overlooked heresy in today's Church.

Triclavianists hold that three, and only three, nails were used to affix our Lord Jesus Christ to the cross. While it might be true that three nails were used -- and, in fact, archeological evidences uncovered by Biblical researchers positively point to this conclusion -- it is erroneous, and theologically dangerous, to make this a doctrinal position. The Bible does not enumerate the Lord's nails and any extra-Biblical research on the subject -- while both interesting and useful for apologetic purposes when dealing with those afflicted with a Secular world view that denies even the historicity of our Lord's passion and crucifixion -- cannot be considered of any substantive import to the Faith."

14. Feb 12, 2004 #13

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I don't think so, Warren.

You don't know too many Baptists, do you? I had a Baptist girlfriend in high school and took a bunch of my friends to her church's "haunted house" at Halloween. It was a bunch of scenes acting out Revelations, complete with a judgemental God who knew our names and told us we would go to hell if we didn't "invite Jesus into our hearts." They were visibly disturbed to meet my best friend, a non-practicing Jew, as clearly he is hopelessly doomed to burn in hell. I smiled politely and waited until I left before tossing the pamphlets they gave me in the trash.

15. Feb 12, 2004 #14

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, it really is. I've seen it circulated around the internet from the beginning, and even the people who originally posted it (on talk.orgins) eventually admitted it was fake. The titles on the projects are photoshopped in. Trust me, it's fake.

- Warren

16. Feb 13, 2004 #15

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Really?

Wow. Someone has way too much time on their hands...

But they seem to be still keeping it up. I don't get that part of it. They are still writing articles and still documenting the life of Richard Dawkins.... that doesn't seem like a joke.

Besides, apart from the over the top nature of it, it is very realistic for creationists. They really do often phrase their arguments like that (ie: Non-sequitors)

17. Feb 13, 2004 #16

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most of the site hasn't changed in more than two or three years. I know I saw the creationist science fair page as many as four years ago.

It's a well-done hoax, but gimmie a break guys... look at it for long enough, and you can tell it's not real.

Check out Habu's Corner on http://www.objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html

- Warren

18. Feb 13, 2004 #17

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yikes. What a bad idea. If it's a joke (and it does seem like it from that kids page) then it's just throwing fuel on the fire. Unfair play. More atheist lies and immorality. That's it...I'm joining ICR. [b(]

19. Feb 13, 2004 #18

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Right... on the one hand, it's just as unfair of the athiest community to actively make fun of the creationist community as vice versa.

On the other hand, I rarely see athiests attacking creationists, but I regularly see creationists attacking athiests -- particularly because their belief system teaches intolerance of other beliefs. Athiests are already quite aware that their beliefs are not shared by everyone -- and further, they usually understand that beliefs are a personal matter, and that there's no glory in belittling someone else's beliefs.

I think this parody was written in the spirit of showing creationists what it's like to have strawman versions of their beliefs erected and knocked down in public view -- a tactic used perpetually by creationists.

- Warren

20. Feb 13, 2004 #19

FZ+

It would have been more funny, if such things are not seriously distributed elsewhere:

http://www.creationevidence.org/scientific_evid/evidencefor/evidencefor.html
    This is scary:
    http://www.creationevidence.org/fun_for_kids/fun_for_kids.html
    Er... hmm.

21. Feb 13, 2004 #20

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Holy... crap........

How anyone who claims to have morals can **** with the minds of ignorant children like this is beyond me. The people that write websites like this are clearly aware that they are misrepresenting the truth. They know they are lying to children to promote their religion.

Of course, it's all for God's glory, so it's okay to lie to children. Right, Jesus?

- Warren

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?