Is CubaDaily a Reliable News Source?

• News
  • Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, Cubadaily.com is a link site that includes articles from all over the political spectrum.
Smurf
What does everyone know about "cubadaily.com"[/URL]news source?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
What does everyone know about "cubadaily.com"[/URL]news source?[/QUOTE]
Never saw it before.

It appears to just be a link site without any original stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
My investigation has corroborated what Skyhunter said. Granted, I only looked for about fifteen minutes, but I couldn't anything written by a staff writer. At first it just seemed to be a Cuban advocacy site pulling article that cast Cuba in a good light and anti-Cuban policies in a bad light, from wherever it could get them (I even found a frickin' letter to the editor from the Las Vegas Sun critiquing the embargoes - talk about digging deep), but then I also found an article from the Boston Globe talking about Cubans complaining about Castro cracking down on private farmer's markets. They say the lines are now much longer, the food they want is no longer available, and the prices are high, all of the typical command economy complaints, so it would appear they aren't solely presenting pro-Cuban views.

Heck, there are a few article that don't even have anything to with Cuba (or Guantanamo). Down in the culture section, they've got pieces on a South Korean fashion show and the Commercial Drive district in Vancouver.

loseyourname said:
Heck, there are a few article that don't even have anything to with Cuba (or Guantanamo). Down in the culture section, they've got pieces on a South Korean fashion show and the Commercial Drive district in Vancouver.
Yes, I'd say it's simply a site designed to make money from advertisements by pulling together anything that mentions Cuba probably targeting Cuban exiles but with no political affiliation. There's a similar site does the same for Iraq which again links to stories about Iraq from all across the spectrum
http://www.iraqdaily.com/

Its communist propogander... I didnt both looking at the link but I know this already...

THAT WAS A JOKE... HOPEFULLY A PC JOKE, DISCLAIMER, SORRY EVERYONE muuhhaaa

Is there North Keroa daily?

1. What sources does CubaDaily use to gather information?

CubaDaily uses a variety of sources to gather information, including government reports, interviews with experts and locals, and international news outlets. We strive to present a well-rounded perspective on the news and events in Cuba.

2. How does CubaDaily ensure the accuracy of its reporting?

CubaDaily has a rigorous fact-checking process in place to ensure the accuracy of our reporting. We verify information from multiple sources and consult with experts to confirm the validity of our information before publishing.

3. Is CubaDaily biased in its reporting?

CubaDaily strives to present unbiased and objective reporting on news and events in Cuba. We do not have any political or financial affiliations that may influence our reporting. However, as with any news outlet, there may be individual opinions expressed by our writers, but these do not represent the overall stance of CubaDaily.

4. How does CubaDaily handle sensitive or controversial topics?

CubaDaily takes great care in handling sensitive or controversial topics. We aim to present all sides of an issue and provide context to help readers understand the complexities of the topic at hand. We also strive to maintain journalistic integrity and avoid sensationalism in our reporting.

5. Can readers trust the information presented by CubaDaily?

CubaDaily is committed to providing accurate and reliable information to our readers. We understand the importance of trust and work diligently to maintain it through our fact-checking processes and commitment to ethical journalism. However, we also encourage readers to seek out multiple sources of information and form their own opinions.