Crest White Strips

1. First of all the chemistry behind crest white strips, do they actually work?

I have a package of Crest White Strips Premium plus my friend gave me from his work they have expired are they still effective after expiration date?

2. jcsd
  3. Borek

Staff: Mentor

Check what active ingredient is - that's answer to both your questions :wink:

Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidizer - so it may work. It is also unstable - so they can be not effective after expiration date, or at least less effective.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
  4. I would not use it after the expiration date.

5. GCT

GCT 1,769
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Hydrogen peroxide decomposes at a fast rate in water, I would still use the product since these strips have Hydrogen Peroxide imbedded in something other than water, however they may not be a great as one which has not exceeded the expiration date. Observe the package , if it seems inflated , than it's probably no good.

6. My mother swears by them, they definitely work... within the expiration date, at least.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook