Critique Request: Listen to "Rite of Ash" by Cory R

• Thread starter dimensional
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Request
In summary, the speaker is considering adding a piece to their portfolio and is seeking feedback from others. They share a link to the piece and mention that it should be listened to on good speakers with high volume. They also suggest that the second half may need more bass or drums to enhance the epic feel, but overall it is good and has a movie soundtrack quality. They also suggest adding a subtle rise and fall in the last third to build emotion or tension.
dimensional
I'm thinking of uploading this piece to my portfolio, but I'm not sure if it's up to standards. As always, I'd like as many third part perspectives as I can get so I'm hoping the fine people here at PF with their impeccable tastes could perhaps lend me their ear. Listen to this on good speakers with a lot of volume, as this is a very dynamic track! Takk.

http://soundcloud.com/cory-r/rite-of-ash

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
hm... not sure what effect you are going for, but to me it sounds like the second half needs some more bass or drums or cymbals or something to make it more epic...
overall pretty good tho, sounds like a movie soundtrack, like a battle or the build up to some grand event.
(though I was not listening on brilliant speakers...)

The last third is fine as it is, but it could use more subtle rise, rise, rise, then fall to build up the emotion or tension.

Very nice piece.

1. What is the purpose of the song "Rite of Ash"?

The purpose of the song "Rite of Ash" is to evoke a sense of mystery and ritual through its haunting melody and use of traditional instruments.

2. What inspired Cory R to write this song?

Cory R was inspired by nature and ancient rituals when composing "Rite of Ash". He wanted to capture the essence of these elements and create a unique musical experience.

3. What techniques were used in the production of "Rite of Ash"?

"Rite of Ash" incorporates a combination of live and electronic instruments, as well as sound effects to create a layered and immersive sound. It also utilizes techniques such as repetition and tempo changes to add depth to the composition.

4. How does "Rite of Ash" compare to other songs in its genre?

"Rite of Ash" stands out in its genre by blending traditional and modern elements, creating a distinct and captivating sound. It also offers a unique listening experience by incorporating storytelling elements through its use of sound effects.

5. What feedback has "Rite of Ash" received from listeners?

"Rite of Ash" has received positive feedback from listeners, who have praised its atmospheric and immersive quality. Many have also commented on the song's ability to transport them to a different time and place through its evocative sound.

Back