1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cross Product Help

1. Sep 8, 2016 #1
    cross product.PNG The first part of the problem was easy enough as was finding the directions of the other two, but I am having trouble finding the correct angle for the last two cross products in order to find the magnitude.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2016 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hello, Jr, :welcome:

Please don't delete parts of the template. You need them, see guidelines

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

In your case number 2 in particular. What do you know of the angle you need ? And what do you need for the cross product ?

4. Sep 8, 2016 #3
    I have given all information that was provided. Vector A has a magniude of 8 along the positive x axis, Vector B starts at the end of vector A running parallel to the y axis and a magnitude of 6, Vector C connects the head of Vector B to the tail of Vector A. Basicly a 45-45-90 right triangle is created by the vectors.

5. Sep 9, 2016 #4

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I know you have. But I can't see what you have done so far and why you think you are stuck now. So please show which relevant equation you are trying to apply and show your attempt at solution. I want to help you find the right next step yourself -- the answer is after all not important; it's your ability to do the exercise yourself that we want to achieve ...

And the 3 4 5 Pythagorean triangle is definitely not a 45 45 90 !

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted