Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cryptogram has a certain twist

1. Nov 22, 2005 #1
    This cryptogram has a certain twist to it but I'm thinking that I may have made the wording a bit odd to accomplish this with out leaving too many obvious clues....

TUG XNFM TUD UMA FP GWO IUD PFDQ KNUX IWTTWD MXUHX JWFDX PWH MWYRFDS IHGJXWSHUTM FM UTFMM FD XNFM IHGJXWSHUT?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 22, 2005 #2
    Oh and just incase some of you may not have done a cryptogram before it is a simple one for one letter exchange code.
    Example:
    J X P D M Z J J X Y is
    L O N G F E L L O W

note that this is not the same as the code used for the cryptogram above.

4. Nov 23, 2005 #3
    Code (Text):
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    K..N.IYRCPC.SHUFDVGMA.OTL.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  5. Nov 23, 2005 #4
    The answer is that your crytogram is ill at ease. You could have made it harder by asking what is amiss in this 'one'. That was my start point.

6. Nov 23, 2005 #5
    That's a good idea. The original version was quite easy and I decided to change it. I tried to make sure that the first couple words weren't given away too easily by it being a question. The original started with the word "can". I was wary about the number of two and three letter words I used, but I was worried about making it too short for people who are not very inclined with this sort of thing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?